View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Jare View Post
I have automated my account availability, but sometimes some accounts get stuck in "connecting" state. This has happened several times with Skype and a couple of times with Gtalk. The Skype issue was solved by killing all skyhost processes, but with Gtalk I had to reboot the phone. I haven't had such problems before, so I assume it could have something to do with Profilematic.
It could. I think I've experienced such state also occasionally (I use only gtalk).

Edit: Rules

1. Wlans rule: sets Skype and Gtalk online, when connected to a known wlan.
2. Default rule: sets Skype and Gtalk offline
I have a suspicion the problem might have something to do with the connection being in middle of changing when availability is tried to be changed. For example, if availability is changed while transitioning from WLAN to 3G, maybe Harmattan bugs out.

It might be worth to try checking that connection is available before setting availability. How often does the problem occur to you? I mean, if I would build a beta version could you try it and see if it fixes the problem.

Btw. I would still like to have an ability to do actions based on data connection type (e.g. packet data / wlan or even gprs/edge/3g/hspa/wlan). An ability to select several wlans at once from saved access points would be nice too.
Those are planned, but I'm not sure for what version. I think I can squeeze data connection type to version 1.7. Selection of wlans I'll probably do at the same time as scanning for near-by wlans condition.