View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
It's not likely that the tag will be in range and active all the time. They only work at a very short range and are only supposed to be active for a short time - I once accidentally left the phone on top of a tag and it nearly drained the battery in a matter of hours!

It's more realistic to expect that the tag ID will be read, matched and then the signal will be lost. Toggling actions is a very good fit to the expected use of such tags (as per the Sony smart tags) simply because of the way they work...
Yes... I was mainly thinking of a use case of something like... hmm a simple example:

08-22 Profile ringing
22-08 Profile silent
Turn on BlueTooth when NFC tag matches
Turn off BlueTooth when another NFC tag matches

In that kind of case the condition does not need to be toggleable, as there is no other rule to change BlueTooth when the tag goes out of range.

But perhaps the toggle feature is what I'll aim at first, and will see with user testing if more is needed.

I got my tags from EBay as I only wanted a few. A good website is www.nfcdog.com and it seems as though my tags came from their EBay shopfront (nfc-supplies). Mine are the MIFARE Classic 1K tags as I wanted a larger capacity to play with. If you're only using the tag IDs then the smallest and cheapest tags you can find will do just fine..
Thanks, I'll take a look.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: