View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by schokopudding View Post
Hi, the point is I wanted to create a rule that sets the device online every hour or so and disconnects it again. For me it looks like my device isnt connecting to background mobile data connection when in PSM. And if im not in PSM, the device just lets mobile data connection online forever.
This is my understanding of how it's supposed to be. Although I seem to remember some complaints that in PR1.3 if a connection was made while in PSM, it wouldn't be auto-closed until the application was quit - I don't personally know if that's accurate.

So i want to create 2 rules for going in normal mode, if PSM is active and after idle time of maybe 30min.
Then if PSM is off, and mobile data connection is active + idle time xxx -> set PSM on, so data connection will be closed after it is no more needed.
I guess I get what you want to achieve there, and I will have to give it some thought. This might be solvable with other approaches too. For example I've received some requests for a sort of time condition with intervals. Then you could for example say PSM on for 2 minutes every half an hour if been idle for 30 minutes, and otherwise PSM off (in default rule for example).

That's just one example, but I'll need to give it some thought. Anyway thanks for a concrete example. I will write it down for future consideration while trying to take into account other requests.

And furthermore, I can fix that stupid bug with Dual mode, where i dont have phone connectivity (https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=79).

When on 3G and signal gets lost, I have to switch manually to 2G or I dont have mobile connectivity at all, altough the bar is full on 3G...
I don't understand how this relates to PSM condition?

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: