View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
glibc i'm not aware of any of this stuff. we all hate android but we all depend on it (sailfish users) whether you like it or not even sailfish is promoting android (sony x n custom roms) and android just works whatever you want to do but not sailfish.
Hmm. I'm not sure what I would say to this. But I'm with juiceme on that I don't much care about Android's progress, because as long as there are Sailfish or other better alternatives to me I won't be using it.

I don't mind using Android applications on Sailfish, and I do use them. It's a bit like running Java applications or Python applications on desktop. It might not be optimal, but if there's no other alternative or they are the best alternative available then why not. And on Sailfish that's often the case as many native applications are missing.

But to run the whole OS on some Java runtime to me seems like lunacy that I'd rather avoid. I like having a real unix-like operating system underneath that I can access as the user that is in control of the device. I don't like being the user that the device controls/restricts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: