View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by timox View Post
I've tried creating several rules but they seems not to be activating properly. Maybe there is something I do not understand correctly. Maybe some conflicts with the rules or wrong order? Can you help me with this?

My rules:

* Bluetooth on when 00:00-00:00 (24h) All days
- I want the BT to be on always by default to be used in my car

* Bluetooth off when connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2
- when I'm at home or at work, BT should be off

* Silent when 23:00-7:00 All days

* Ringing when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri

* Ringing when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun
Hi,

Your current configuration has always the "BlueTooth on" rule active. ProfileMatic considers the rules from top to bottom, using the first one that matches. Generally speaking, put the most general of rules to bottom and the more specific rules to top.

Your use case is actually a good example of why I'm considering changing ProfileMatic a bit, so that each rule that matches will be activated instead of just the first one. This removes some possibilities for optimizing power use, so perhaps it would be a user selectable setting.

Anyway, what you want to do is doable but causes a bit of annoying duplication of rules. You should be able to do it for example like this:

* Silent, BlueTooth off when 23:00-7:00 All days and connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2

* Silent, BlueTooth on when 23:00-7:00 All days

* Ringing, BlueTooth off when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri and connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2

* Ringing, BlueTooth on when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri

* Ringing, BlueTooth off when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun and connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2

* Ringing, BlueTooth on when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun

You can simplify the rules a bit for example if you know that you're not going to be driving the car during 23:00-7:00. A little caveat is that your rules have a hole during Sat-Sun 7:00 - 9:00, during which BlueTooth state is not changed even if you're not connected anymore to your home network. One easy way to "plug" holes like these is to put "BlueTooth on" to the default rule.