Active Topics

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
it might be symbian belle too...

Originally Posted by RogueElement View Post
Didn't a recent post copied here say an advertising company annouced they were shooting an advert for new Nokia device only a few days ago, is this the advert they were shooting?
Nokia will shoot rather more than 1 advert! Obviously they cant have shot and edited the ad within a few days.

Well if its 12mp camera, lots of storage capabilities, HD video recording and the rest I'm in.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Yep, saw it, 12MP Carl Zeiss lens. This thing looks really great!
12MP on a "handsetcamera" is just pointless unless the CCD is not big like a DSLR. It would be more intresting if they will optimize ISO so pictures dont get that damn corny when taking pictures (Especially inside)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Nokia will shoot rather more than 1 advert! Obviously they cant have shot and edited the ad within a few days.
You'll be surprised what can be done today.

It could be but why would they rush it, come on mate.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by RogueElement View Post
Didn't a recent post copied here say an advertising company annouced they were shooting an advert for new Nokia device only a few days ago, is this the advert they were shooting?
That I also wonder but look like swedish http://mobil.se has removed the article publkished last week. Can't find it :-(

Multitasking looks excellent! No one small window. You seem to get into the task manager by swiping right and got all the tasks there to see right away.
Rather trusted source from mobile-review forum, Dsmobile is saying that long press closes application.
From Nokiagadgets

If true i'm liking that. Don't need to hit that small cross or something similar. Though dunno how fast is it to close many applications fast in that method.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-05-17 at 17:15.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
12MP on a "handsetcamera" is just pointless unless the CCD is not big like a DSLR. It would be more intresting if they will optimize ISO so pictures dont get that damn corny when taking pictures (Especially inside)
Well, could you imagine the bleating on tmo if that thing showed "3.2mp"?! All I'm saying, I'm glad they've made the effort not to just stick with 5 or 8mp. You're technical points are valid, I'm just glad they're not cutting corners.

Originally Posted by gri View Post
Well, hopefully this was a QA guy who wanted a perfect device/software
Well apparently the OS was slow and buggy - too much so to release. Hopefully they have learnt their lessons - eg not another N900 debacle.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland