Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
its not 3200 x 3200 but it should be 1920 x 800 = 480 x 800 for each portrait desktop wallpaper....
I don't think you're right about that but heck, I'll give it a try

Actually it's harder than I thought! I've tried combinations, sizes and shapes but I'm afraid tha it can only be done with two different image sets.

You see if the guys can make the background rotate, and in order for it to be loopable in both modes, the result is probably an impossible shape!

e.g. let's say we are in landscape desktop 2 (800x480) and rotate to portrait (480x800) then scroll to desktop 3 in portrait mode and rotate back to landscape. That seems, so far, impossible to achieve with one image set.

I will look more into it tomorrow because I am dead tired and the heat is unbearable

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
With next update, you'll be able to choose desktops scrolling direction (in portrait mode) - horizontal or vertical .

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
With next update, you'll be able to choose desktops scrolling direction (in portrait mode) - horizontal or vertical .
Amazing, simply amazing work arcean. Might I be as bothersome as to ask for a possible ETA of the next version?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Hmm, good question . I will try to do my best to merge it into CSSU.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
any way to lock on portrait ?
thanks

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Hi arcean, there's no words in any language for your work and this recent portrait mode solution. As many others in this thread, I join them to thenk you and encourage you to go on this track. I really appreciate very very much your development. As warhawk007 said, you are a genious and some thinking heads at Nokia should take note of it. JUST GREAT!! I'm inloved with "my new N900": it becomes competitive again. Can any other model do the same you are and the community is getting with it?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
I'm eager to get that "big update", as for the CSSU too. Any dates in mind, aprox.?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Right, when do you think the "big update" will be available? I really can wait to get it. Thank you very much for you great work!

No need to use sudo command if you are running sudo gainroot.
Either use sudo apt-get as normal user, or use apt-get after running sudo gainroot

Perhaps a little late in discussion but this wallpaper works in both portrait and landscape. My current.

HTML Code:
http://n900wallpapers.com/wallpaper/green-monitor
@ OP and the community: I cannot thank you enough. From the point when the standard response was "whatever needs to work in portrait works in portrait" to "whatever you want in portrait works in portrait", this has really been a happy journey!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aiyush For This Useful Post: