Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by rado3105 View Post
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_interface_switcher.py 1
No module named advpowcommon.ui.Cachers
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_interface_switcher.py", line 32, in <module>
from advifswlib.core.maemo5 import *
File "/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advifswlib/core/maemo5.py", line 17, in <module>
from advpowcommon.ui.Cachers import DITPixbufCacher
ImportError: No module named advpowcommon.ui.Cachers
It's seems to be a known bug with python packages.
Run as root
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall advanced-power-common

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Hello. Sometimes i use my n900 as internet-tablet without internet (->Mediaplayer)
So gsm & wlan & bluetooth are switched off and the crossed out symbols are constantly changing. This seems to lead to a higher system load of the hildon-status-menu (when idle right after xorg in overall CPU-Time)
Is it possible to show two separate icons instead? (i presume ist not a "feature" of AIS after all?)

Originally Posted by longuist View Post
Hello. Sometimes i use my n900 as internet-tablet without internet (->Mediaplayer)
So gsm & wlan & bluetooth are switched off and the crossed out symbols are constantly changing. This seems to lead to a higher system load of the hildon-status-menu (when idle right after xorg in overall CPU-Time)
Is it possible to show two separate icons instead? (i presume ist not a "feature" of AIS after all?)
Hi,
unfortunatelly, there can't be 2 separate icons by hildon's design and animation shouldn't use much CPU. BTW, what's the numbers for you? (using top/htop and powertop)
Nevertheless, I can add configurable option to next AIS to show/don't show icons in statusbar, confirm if this feature is needed.

Thanks for your fast reply.
Values in top are very jumpy, cant say something very representative besides hildon-status-menu is about 6 entries higher when icons are blinking.
In powertop (idle/blanked screen) the activity of "hildon-status-menu" changes from 7 to 31. Dont know if this is much (playing music seems to be about 60 in total??)
I think for most people its not a very important feature, but you would make me happy if you add an option (alone for aesthetic reasons

412b, I'm confirming, that such feature would be really appreciated - ho ever, I don't quite understand the part about "not possible to have 2 icons at the same time".

While using WLAN Selector Applet, I got separate icon without problems - *never* encountered "flashing" overlapping icons. To be honest, overlapping icons was first inconvenience I noticed, after switching to Advanced Interface Switcher.

WLAN Selector Applet is abandoned now, but Source Code is available - is there any chance, that You could check source code and determinje, how laasonen achieved it? Just keep in mind that WSA was written in Python.

hope it helps

/Estel

Ps.

If we're talking about UI tweaks - isn't it possible, to replace bluetooth pop-up menu with standard hildon one, instead of AIS "/enable/disable/discoverable:? It lacks possibility to add/edit bluetooth paired devices settings, so it's always a round-trip to menu->settings->bluetooth. I enjoy having WLAN/GSM/Bluetooth in one applet very much, but it would be great to use bluetooth button (or, like in my case, bluetooth button long-press, because short press on/off toggle is great!) as a shortcut for hildon bluetooth configuration.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
So I'll implement it in nearest release
For standard hildon's settings (for all interfaces, I guess) I can add a button to popup window.

Now about icons, buttons, etc: one applet can have only one icon in status bar and only one widget in status menu, so without hard-tweaking or splitting AIS into separate applets I can't get two or more icons for one applet in status bar, that's the main reason why icons are switching in status bar (to have readable indication for all interfaces).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Chapeau! That was fast, thank you very much!

Had some problems updating though. GSM/3G stopped working completely. Only de-install->reinstall did the trick.

Edit:
Made some tests. Blinking is away, but for what price?
Activity now is 120 (and 147 when blinking), which makes it the most demanding process right after xorg.
Seems you introduced a costly loop. Switched back to previous version. (btw: without AIS at all the activity of "hildon-status-menu" is 0 or 1, unfortunately im not that into python so i cannot help, but it may be a good idea to activate AIS only on state change or when the status menu is accessed)

Last edited by longuist; 2011-09-28 at 10:33. Reason: added testing

The Following User Says Thank You to longuist For This Useful Post:
Updated without any problems here.

412b, did I told You how awesome You are? One day a constructive suggestion, same day confirmation from You, and update next day. The same happened with advanced-power-monitor.

thanks You very much, and eagerly waiting for standard hildon preferences button!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by longuist View Post
Chapeau! That was fast, thank you very much!

Had some problems updating though. GSM/3G stopped working completely. Only de-install->reinstall did the trick.

Edit:
Made some tests. Blinking is away, but for what price?
Activity now is 120 (and 147 when blinking), which makes it the most demanding process right after xorg.
Seems you introduced a costly loop. Switched back to previous version. (btw: without AIS at all the activity of "hildon-status-menu" is 0 or 1, unfortunately im not that into python so i cannot help, but it may be a good idea to activate AIS only on state change or when the status menu is accessed)
I've got maximum activity of 29 (with blinking). What other status bar applets do you have installed?
And can post the outputs of powertop and top?

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Updated again and found out that after a restart everything is ok (<=1). After some testing i found the reason for this. Once you enter the settings page of AIS CPU-Time for the process gets and stays high till next restart. So there must be an error (settings not exited correctly). As you normally just do it once its no big error though.
Hope this helps and thanks again.

Can you reproduce this behaviour?

Last edited by longuist; 2011-09-28 at 11:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longuist For This Useful Post: