Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
i have a very strange problem. while calling in direct sunlight the screen gets locked automatically and i have to unlock it again n again. what should i do.?
This is a design flaw. Somone managed to work-around by blocking the IR receiver part of the prox sensor with a small piece of floppy disc disc.

Hi,

I wanted to check on the status of bug 11886 - preventing shortcuts such as CTRL+ENTER for sending email in modest from working with CSSU. I find this to slow down my speed at emailing quite a bit, as I always have to scroll down or up to access the send icon. Now that modest is almost perfect, it would be great to regain this handy functionality. (I am on the latest Test CSSU).

Any workaround?

Thanks for all the great work!

Anyone else having the problem when choosing a phone number in the "phone" screen the screen goes darker but the part with the number for dialing and sms doesn't show up. Anyone?

-edit-

I will add more info soon about this

Last edited by Devrim; 2011-12-08 at 16:39.

Here is how my phone looks now. I can't press anything on the screen. The only way to get out of it is to reboot the phone and fix the problem for some time or press ctrl+backspace and the phone function won't work untill I reboot

Originally Posted by Devrim View Post

Here is how my phone looks now. I can't press anything on the screen. The only way to get out of it is to reboot the phone and fix the problem for some time or press ctrl+backspace and the phone function won't work untill I reboot
When you say dark - is it the same shade as the background when there's a dialogue box in the foreground?
My experience is that your problem occurs much less with the current testing version (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1). It is usually caused by dialogue boxes maintaining focus but being out of screen space.
To prevent the problem, try locking the screen to landscape.
- Does it still happen?
- How much?
- What else were you doing (e.g. rotating, quitting a phone call, etc.)?
- Does it only happen with the phone application? (IIf not, what else)

I remember correctly, the original Maemo5 UI rules required the "go to window-manager" button to be visible at all times but I think this changed with the roll-out of Qt. The way Maemo5 is headed, it's going to work just as well in portrait as it does in landscape with the kb out; there is no other OS capable of doing this, so it will take a few iterations to get there. It is likely that the problem you/we are experiencing is caused by a combination of the CSSU and other software, as opposed to the CSSU alone.

There seems to be no means of "rescuing" a programme that has produced one of these errant dialogue boxes. Is this correct? If so, how can it be resolved?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Milano
Originally Posted by Devrim View Post

i have the same problem, but it's very rare, and i think it's random, i'm unable to reproduce it. anyway, there no need to reboot the phone. just, press the Power On button and choose "terminate application"

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Is it possible to make an .desktop file to set image series which include landscape and portrait wallpapers?

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Background Image
Name=Gold-Skin
Hidden=true

X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_01.png
X-File2=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_02.png
X-File3=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_03.png
X-File4=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_04.png

X-Order=01
How should it be anhanced?

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if there is any way to customize, in portrait mode, how many icons could appear near the battery status.

Currently, I have only one column of 2 icons available (which makes a 2 icons limit). Considering I activate Message Blocker and silent profile (when I stay at work), I allready reach the icon limit in portrait mode and when I start wireless connection, I must switch back to landscape mode to see its status and the status to my Skype account connection.

If there is any possible configuration, I am interested .

Thanks your answers and for this Maemo improvement through CSSU .

The Following User Says Thank You to OperationNT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
Is it possible to make an .desktop file to set image series which include landscape and portrait wallpapers?

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Background Image
Name=Gold-Skin
Hidden=true

X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_01.png
X-File2=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_02.png
X-File3=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_03.png
X-File4=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/gold-skin_04.png

X-Order=01
How should it be anhanced?
It's on my To Do list

Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
Hello everybody,

I would like to know if there is any way to customize, in portrait mode, how many icons could appear near the battery status.

Currently, I have only one column of 2 icons available (which makes a 2 icons limit). Considering I activate Message Blocker and silent profile (when I stay at work), I allready reach the icon limit in portrait mode and when I start wireless connection, I must switch back to landscape mode to see its status and the status to my Skype account connection.

If there is any possible configuration, I am interested .

Thanks your answers and for this Maemo improvement through CSSU .
Should be fixed in the next CSSU-testing release. There'll be a limit of 6 icons in the status bar for portrait mode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
@arcean
Great you got image series on your to-do-list
You also got "image series for more then 4 desktops" on it
...actual we have to set wallpapers for desktop >4 manually.

Tags
cssu testing