Anyone know where to get a legit nokia n9 in the states?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by mrk88 View Post
Anyone know where to get a legit nokia n9 in the states?
Buy one from an importer or hop on a plane or boat yourself.

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
try amazon.com, there are a few sellers on there selling it for around $500... Thats where I got mine from...

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
stay cool, maybe only 3 thats left, but this community will be doing better like whats happened to N900,
Not sure about that. They still have the N900 to play with, and do not see the N9 as a followup. N9 is not a mini-desktop/communicator, it's a mobile phone, and it does not have a keyboard, especially.

The fact that the hardware inside the N9 is not that big of a jump from the N900 makes it even harder for developers to jump. And there's the platform security on the N9 getting in the way of some developers, and not just for ideological reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
lack of flash player on n9 wont be a big problem since n9 support html5, i use flash mainly for video streaming, to me cutetube can be a replacement of flash.
Many websites I use are still using flash, might take some months if not a year or 2 to change to html5.
So, it really depends on what website you have to visit.
And even many blog sites I visit that have video embeded to youtube and try to play the video usually do not work on N9.
I think missing Flash support is a quite big omission if it's supposed to compete with other OS (but considering the platform is dropped, I'm not surprised about this)

Last edited by mcdull; 2012-02-13 at 18:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
I'll keep my N900 as my main phone until I can find a good replacement with psychical keyboard.
Maybe a keyboard for the N9 would be released.

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
i'm thinking of getting a magenta N9 too, for my significant other. i've compared it with various samsung galaxys and it has eventually come down to a standoff between the N9 and the S2.

the S2 costs about 50% more than the N9 (16GB) where i come from. the main differences for that amount of money are the slightly bigger screen and the dual core 1.2GHz vs the single core 1GHz. other less important differences include microSD (never had one and don't think i'll ever need one), USB OTG (keeping my fingers crossed on the N9), and Flash support (maybe this one is kinda important, is there Flash for Firefox?).

and for Android, i know i'll have Google Maps, whereas for N900, i have Mappero and eCoach (which gives a pretty accurate GPS fix, surprisingly). now the question is, are Maps and Drive on the N9 as good as those? or are they as bad as Maps on the N900?

Hi,

I found a buyer for my N900.

I think i will buy N9 64 GB.

What do you think between 16Gb and 64 Gb ?

16 GB is only for data, or apps + data ?

Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
Originally Posted by youmeego
lack of flash player on n9 wont be a big problem since n9 support html5, i use flash mainly for video streaming, to me cutetube can be a replacement of flash.
Many websites I use are still using flash, might take some months if not a year or 2 to change to html5.
So, it really depends on what website you have to visit.
And even many blog sites I visit that have video embeded to youtube and try to play the video usually do not work on N9.
I think missing Flash support is a quite big omission if it's supposed to compete with other OS (but considering the platform is dropped, I'm not surprised about this)
about the isseu of embedded youtube vid in blogs. Just press the youtube logo in the embedded player then refresh the new window that opens and then u can play it in built in media player

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
are you crazy? The n9 is no replacement for the n900

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...