Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I don't know (Coderus also) why... For some people previous version cause this problem, for you the last version cause this problem, for me no problem not with previous and not with latest version...
Really don't understand why.. Each device accept this very strange..

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I don't know (Coderus also) why... For some people previous version cause this problem, for you the last version cause this problem, for me no problem not with previous and not with latest version...
Really don't understand why.. Each device accept this very strange..
Maybe the CODeRUS sysuid file, because, as I said in a previous post, when I install the tools (also in this version), the sysuid doesn't seem to recognize (or allow) that (its own, from CODeRUS) package, with aegis denied message.. but even more strange is that the tools still works

Last edited by death_jax; 2012-09-28 at 10:34.

for tools this message is ok, we speak only about sys-ui

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
for tools this message is ok, we speak only about sys-ui
Ok
A little question off topic: why the Inception mode set the origin to com.nokia.maemo/local? Isn't possible to set to lower origin like does Open Mode to only com.nokia.maemo?
However, what are the difference (in privileges terms) from those written above and com.nokia.maemo/ovi?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
AFAIK, you would need truck to change the inception origin; that if its possible in the first place...

com.nokia.maemo and ~/ovi have the same status but ~/local has elevated permissions due to inception; maybe so that it makes it easier to replace system packages...However, now that isn't the case so truck would need to be consulted on the need to maintain inception at ~/local...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Hello Schturman.
You could do the same trick tweak the R-3/4 for contacts and calls (call history, dial keypad)

Thanks for your time.

The Following User Says Thank You to guillermorojaz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
AFAIK, you would need truck to change the inception origin; that if its possible in the first place...

com.nokia.maemo and ~/ovi have the same status but ~/local has elevated permissions due to inception; maybe so that it makes it easier to replace system packages...However, now that isn't the case so truck would need to be consulted on the need to maintain inception at ~/local...
With truck do you mean itsnotabigtruck, isn't it? Why isn't possible to consulting he?
Would be very difficult to implement lower Inception privileges (maybe with the light Inception name )?

Last edited by death_jax; 2012-09-28 at 11:04.

Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
Hello Schturman.
You could do the same trick tweak the R-3/4 for contacts and calls (call history, dial keypad)

Thanks for your time.
Time time time = problem

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by death_jax View Post
With truck do you mean itsnotabigtruck, isn't it? Why isn't possible to consulting he?
Would be very difficult to implement lower Inception privileges (maybe with the light Inception name )?
Yup INABT

He hasn't visited TMO since a long time...Maybe ping him on IRC and check it out with him?

IIRC he should be on #harmattan on freenode...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Yup INABT

He hasn't visited TMO since a long time...Maybe ping him on IRC and check it out with him?

IIRC he should be on #harmattan on freenode...
I think that the light Inception () is useful for those who don't want, or haven't got, Open Mode kernel/nitdroid and want to reinstall correctly, and without problem, the original system packages without incept them before.

PS: What do you mean with "INABT"?

Last edited by death_jax; 2012-09-28 at 11:09.

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh