Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by kevincostan View Post
hi i read on the first page that it s not recommended to combine rotation from tweak A or B with background changer on tweak W.

But it is fine if i want to combine "only speed up transitions" from tweak A with folder popup window modification on tweak W ?
you can use A,B and W without any problem, but it's NOT recommended to use this 3 tweaks with app named "Home screen setting" = HSS..

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
like:
Code:
dpkg -i *.*.deb
Code:
dpkg -i *.deb

If i remember correctly doing the above will correct dependcies too or at least inform you of missing dependencies but not stop the installation of other packages...A apt-get install -f after everything is finished will fix which were not installed correctly and voila done!

Wow...our N9 has really progressed the past 2-3 months with regards to the backup and restore mechanisms for reflash scenarios! We are now IMO no longer worse off compared to any other OS out there!

A huge amount of credit goes out to you for putting it all together along with the catch apps and farfary for creating the brilliant backdeb/backn9 scripts!

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Hmmm... Ok... I will create option for installation of all .deb files from specific directory.
If you sure the dpkg-i *.deb should install dependencies in correct order, i mean before the app .deb file and if no, the apt-get install -f will complete the missing files, it should be a very cool..
And we can restore all in a few steps:
1. Reflash rootfs
2. Instatfs N9QT
3. Run tweak for restore apps (probably it will be X), here I'm not recommend install inception, because it need to be activated.
4. Run tweak RR for restore tweaks (here it will install inception and activate it)
5. Run system restore for completing (order icons, contacts etc...)
6. reboot

Sounds good

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-10-05 at 09:18.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hmmm... Ok... I will create option for installation of all .deb files from specific directory.
If you sure the dpkg-i *.deb should install dependencies in correct order, i mean before the app .deb file and if no, the apt-get install -f will complete the missing files, it should be a very cool..
And we can restore all in a few steps:
1. Reflash roo In
2. Instatfs N9QT
3. Run tweak for restore apps (probably it will be X), here I'm not recommend install inception, because it need to be activated.
4. Run tweak RR for restore tweaks (here it will install inception and activate it)
5. Run system restore for completing (order icons, contacts etc...)
6. reboot

Sounds good
Yup

It would be ultimate then!

I'll be doing the re-flash tomorrow as its Friday here and I can spare the whole day tomorrow...So i'll report whether dpkg -i *.deb does everything as intended...If it does then you can implement it

Also in the process above you would need to install developer mode in one of the steps? That would mean N9QTweak is as essential as rootfs.bin...Flash rootfs.bin, install N9QTweak and see the magic unfold

you can use A,B and W without any problem, but it's NOT recommended to use this 3 tweaks with app named "Home screen setting" = HSS..
I got it now. Thx

Also
Code:
apt-get install -f -y
will complete installation without pressing "Y"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Setubal, Portugal
Yes sure, Dev mode before n9qt
I noticed there is a tweak to make notification bar long and transparent..
The thing is.. i just want it long.. not transparent.. how can i do this without enabling opacity?

Originally Posted by tiiagoFernandez View Post
I noticed there is a tweak to make notification bar long and transparent..
The thing is.. i just want it long.. not transparent.. how can i do this without enabling opacity?
run this command as root:
Code:
cp -f /home/user/MyDocs/.N9QTweakBackup/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/theme/basement/meegotouch-notifications/* /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/theme/basement/meegotouch-notifications
and reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Setubal, Portugal
run this command as root:
Code:
cp -f /home/user/MyDocs/.N9QTweakBackup/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/theme/basement/meegotouch-notifications/* /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/theme/basement/meegotouch-notifications
and reboot
thanks, just used it now.
do i get any sucess message?
i havent rebooted it yet

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh