Active Topics

Is it possible to, by using celltower id info to turn on/off wlan ? Would be awesome!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
Originally Posted by tonyhuynh View Post
Is it possible to, by using celltower id info to turn on/off wlan ? Would be awesome!
i use wlantoggle to save this.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdbxh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Yes it possible with mcetools. See few posts back..

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Yes it possible with mcetools. See few posts back..
I did exactly as what you guided and it serves me well!THANKS!
Just brief to share for sb like to know:

- When at home (with cell id)==>connect to Wlan
- As soon as get out of home ==> background connect to 3G
Besides, I set my home Wlan and Internet connection (3G) with "use automatically" (setting\internet connection\edit network, press and hold to change)

Ajalkanen's posts seem to have evaporated but here's the response anyway:

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I think they make it much easier to understand. I've added this to the first post's recipes, let me know if the description is off in some way.
Thanks. I think I'd describe it as 'timing a rule and setting it active by an alarm with a keyword as title'. That doesn't sound complicated at all, does it? I guess it is a bit hard to explain even though the way it works is simple.

And thanks for the work on this and sharing it. While I don't use myself alarm's like that, this is certainly the most impressive extension to ProfileMatic I've seen.
Thanks, I'm quite happy with it myself. I've had it running for 11 days straight, without any problems. Seems to work with the new beta, too.

I'm making another version which will set two rules. First one will be set 2 hours before the alarm and it will check if I'm on my wlan and if meecast says it's cold it'll turn on my car heating. The second one will work like the current one and checks if I'm on my wlan and if so, will wake up my computer and turn on some of my lights.

I really love all the opportunities ProfileMatic and scripts give us. If this isn't a smartphone, what is?

I have updated the beta version of new release (available here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1022).

New to previous beta version:

- Action to launch applications (easy to use graphical interface instead of custom action)
- Optimization for idle condition with 0 timeout
- Scripting help: getRule(ruleId) to get a rule that matches the given ruleId
- Calendar fix (hopefully)... at least for me sometimes calendar did not load for the next day resulting in calendar conditions not working anymore after that.

I expect to release this version in 1-2 weeks unless feedback tells me otherwise. So let me know... I'm especially interested in how the launch application UI works. For me the applications are scanned fast enough that there is no problem, but perhaps I'm just not enough of an app person.
I have a fairly large amount of apps installed and they are loaded almost instantly. Seems to work too. Now I know that the nearest Alko is open for another hour and a half...

I haven't had any problems with the calendar rule in the previous version. Although I didn't have daily rules set up.

Idle rule seems to be snappier when set to 0 min.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Ajalkanen's posts seem to have evaporated but here's the response anyway:
Huh... All the multiple edits I did during the last few hours have truly been evaporated. Nice that you catched at least some of them, but I'm going to wait a while before modifying anything to see if they are restored. This is really weird.

Thanks. I think I'd describe it as 'timing a rule and setting it active by an alarm with a keyword as title'. That doesn't sound complicated at all, does it? I guess it is a bit hard to explain even though the way it works is simple.
Will re-add if your post stays put until tomorrow .

I'm making another version which will set two rules. First one will be set 2 hours before the alarm and it will check if I'm on my wlan and if meecast says it's cold it'll turn on my car heating. The second one will work like the current one and checks if I'm on my wlan and if so, will wake up my computer and turn on some of my lights.
Nice .

I really love all the opportunities ProfileMatic and scripts give us. If this isn't a smartphone, what is?
Indeed. I've felt claustrophobic with all the other pretenders to the throne (ie. non-Android) with the restrictions they have. I hope Jolla and Ubuntu bring the smart back into smartphone in the future, because otherwise I'm going to be on N9 until it breaks on me.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Huh... All the multiple edits I did during the last few hours have truly been evaporated. Nice that you catched at least some of them, but I'm going to wait a while before modifying anything to see if they are restored. This is really weird.

Explanation here.

Indeed. I've felt claustrophobic with all the other pretenders to the throne (ie. non-Android) with the restrictions they have. I hope Jolla and Ubuntu bring the smart back into smartphone in the future, because otherwise I'm going to be on N9 until it breaks on me.
Tell me about it. I really tried using a company Lumia 920 but was appalled by the restrictions and idiotic ways of doing things. Really loved the HW and LTE speeds but everything else was just abysmal. I was actually glad I had to take it to get serviced so I could use my N9 as a primary phone again. It's now doing a 2nd tour of duty at Nokia central service and I couldn't care less. Guess I'll sell it or use it as a really fast wifi hotspot. All I know is that I'm not giving up the N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
I everyday manually update feeds (stock one) at 6:00 and leave for work at 6:30. It's great if profilematic can auto update feeds for me at 6:00...
May be I misunderstood, but you can do it at settings->applications->feeds.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
New post try (please make this stay maemo-gods):

I have updated the beta version of new release (available here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1022).

New to previous beta version:

- Action to launch applications (easy to use graphical interface instead of custom action)
- Optimization for idle condition with 0 timeout
- Scripting help: getRule(ruleId) to get a rule that matches the given ruleId
- Calendar fix (hopefully)... at least for me sometimes calendar did not load for the next day resulting in calendar conditions not working anymore after that.

I expect to release this version in 1-2 weeks unless feedback tells me otherwise. So let me know... I'm especially interested in how the launch application UI works. For me the applications are scanned fast enough that there is no problem, but perhaps I'm just not enough of an app person.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2013-02-05 at 20:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
link doesn't work

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post: