Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Could people just stop quoting dave's mindflow flooding of random thoughts.

Pretty please.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Depending on when Jolla targets the respective countries, I guess. I assume so called pre-orders from the USA will have to wait at least until the phone gets through FCC... which could well mean „never“ if FCC is too much of a trouble for a company is small as Jolla.
By the way, can you travel to the States with the Jolla if it doesn't hit the FCC? The last thing I want is to have it confiscated right after putting my hands on it...

The Following User Says Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post

Pretty please.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-16 at 20:45.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post

Pretty please.
Agree and ignored

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
By the way, can you travel to the States with the Jolla if it doesn't hit the FCC? The last thing I want is to have it confiscated right after putting my hands on it...
AFAIK yes.

Cheking every phone possible for whatever regulatory approval is unpractical. These kinds of approvals tend to only matter as far as the rights to sell the product, not to using it.

Then again the intellingence-industrial complex USA has built ever since 9/11 has reached such a freakish size, reach and capability that... cheking every phone at borders is propably not unrealistic target for it.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-11-16 at 20:36.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Depending on when Jolla targets the respective countries, I guess. I assume so called pre-orders from the USA will have to wait at least until the phone gets through FCC... which could well mean „never“ if FCC is too much of a trouble for a company is small as Jolla.
I think the problem for Jolla to enter on US market is not so much FCC as protectionism favoring local brands.

I can imagine Apple will bring a storm of litigation and patent cases against Jolla if it ever tries to get a foothold in the states...
For a small company it is impossible to defend itself on US. The legal system is built up so that even if you are innocent on the accuations you need good lawyers, huge sums of money and lots of time to prove it

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Agree and ignored

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I think the problem for Jolla to enter on US market is not so much FCC as protectionism favoring local brands.

I can imagine Apple will bring a storm of litigation and patent cases against Jolla if it ever tries to get a foothold in the states...
For a small company it is impossible to defend itself on US. The legal system is built up so that even if you are innocent on the accuations you need good lawyers, huge sums of money and lots of time to prove it
The legal system is a later issue. Jolla couldent break there if they got a try. I phones would beat them in status. Android and nexuses would beat them in price. They would of couse sell a few devices but note more than they are doing now. No operator would support an un proven manufacturer and in us and thetr you must work with a operator to succeed. Dont blame the us legal system. That is not the main issue. Its a much later issue,

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-16 at 21:47.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
To use Jolla in USA, it needs to be approved by FCC and NSA...
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Tack så mycket.

Was away for work, didn't catch it live. Great interview and glad I was able to see it recorded.

Marc is really super-cool guy.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
jalyst, its just a joke as I have come across a number of your posts these few days and I subliminally kind of expect you to mention your lack of sleep
Yes, I often make such statements, as I'm often posting at a time that's way past my bed time, tis a side-effect of being in a very skewed time-zone compared to most of the world.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red