Active Topics

Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
How annoying that next to English is the American flag. No offence but its called English because of where it comes from:-)
How annoying it is that people think that America is a country. Now, let's go back to the Jolla UX please, otherwise we'll be here forever ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Another question... when you connect the Jolla by USB to a preferably Linux/BSD computer, does it present a mass storage device? Anything like /dev/sdb or /dev/sdb1 (like the N9 used to do)? Or do you have to use this multimedia-thingy protocol to access it?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I noticed that if I set the device with "English UK" language, the maps app shows distances in yards/miles. Bleargh :-/
Is there any way to get English language and metric units? I miss some kind of en_DK locale!
Oh me god, that's horrible. Definitely hope to have a setting for that.

Maybe I'm too ancient or whatever, but I never want to use computer-like (that includes smartphones) devices in nothing else but in english. That doesn't mean I want to live in the age of enlightenment with imperial units :P.

So a separate setting for that would be most welcome in a future update.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
Anyone getting a "wrong country code value" when trying to make a new Yandex account ^^ No matter how I type my phone number, no deal.
Use the security question option instead of mobile security.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Another question... when you connect the Jolla by USB to a preferably Linux/BSD computer, does it present a mass storage device? Anything like /dev/sdb or /dev/sdb1 (like the N9 used to do)? Or do you have to use this multimedia-thingy protocol to access it?
When I connect it to my Fedora Linux computer, there is temporarily mass storage device visible before I select the connection mode from Jolla's dialog but when I tried to access the device it won't give anything out (capacity zero bytes). After selecting PC connectivity from Jolla the device disappears and you get only MTP access.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
The default browser seems stop being able to click any links every once in a while. restaring the app worked once, for other I did a reboot to make it work. Happened three times within a day now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Routser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
How annoying that next to English is the American flag. No offence but its called English because of where it comes from:-)
I almost spilled my tea and dropped my crumpets when I saw that.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
When I connect it to my Fedora Linux computer, there is temporarily mass storage device visible before I select the connection mode from Jolla's dialog but when I tried to access the device it won't give anything out (capacity zero bytes). After selecting PC connectivity from Jolla the device disappears and you get only MTP access.
The mass-storage you see is a fake mass-storage profile to trick the PC into providing 500mA to charge. Otherwise there is no way to charge for sure when connected.

If you install developer mode you will also get an RNDIS device with ssh.

Unfortunately mass-storage is a pain to work with and as such has not been retained. However it should not be insanely hard to get it to work with a fat formatted SD-card in the device.

The doc is here if you want to have a go at it:

https://github.com/nemomobile/usb-mo..._moded-doc.txt

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
If you install developer mode you will also get an RNDIS device with ssh.
Yes, I have alread tried it. It worked fine with Fedora Linux

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by att View Post
Use the security question option instead of mobile security.
I tried that too, but its not loading the captcha, says network not available. Same comments in the Jolla store.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience