Active Topics

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Actually, the Jolla tablet is Jolla 1. I have no clue just what is this mystical "Jolla phone" device you folks keep talking about. Nobody on my entire hemisphere of this planet had been offered the chance to purchase a piece of Jolla hardware before this tablet appeared...
Actually I do not take into consideration to buy Jolla, not phone nor tablet.
A good tablet for family should have separate logins for every family member, lot of memory - ram and flash - multitasking, native Nokia here offline maps and Nokia transport for holidays, a proper calendar (not like N9) some mainstream app support e.g. Android.... Sounds in the moment more like windows or Android...but only can compare with Apple...
To be unlike is not enough - for me.
No need for false tablet, can wait for it - Jolla second edition?

The Following User Says Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by From Vertu with Love View Post
I think if Jolla can't get any hardware device partners by the end of 2015, it may be game over.
To paraphrase Mark Twain:

Reports of Jolla's death are greatly exaggerated.
I've read a few predictions that if this or that doesn't happen by a certain date, then things are over!

In fact, even before Jolla's launch, there were many people who doubted Jolla would be able to launch the phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zamorph View Post
I've read a few predictions that if this or that doesn't happen by a certain date, then things are over!

In fact, even before Jolla's launch, there were many people who doubted Jolla would be able to launch the phone.
Sure, but it's also an open secret that investors, not consumers, are what's keeping the money coming in.

And if 2 years after the release of the first phone it's seen that there's still no great demand for Sailfish, no closer to profitability, then those investors are likely to turn their backs (and take their money with them).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Amen to that! ---^

Also, as Dave999 posted in another thread,

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What the **** is going on?
I've read that blog. Three years! And the OS is still very much in beta. Oh well...

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Actually, the Jolla tablet is Jolla 1. I have no clue just what is this mystical "Jolla phone" device you folks keep talking about. Nobody on my entire hemisphere of this planet had been offered the chance to purchase a piece of Jolla hardware before this tablet appeared...
Well that's only expected when you live down there where the sun doesn't shine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I've read that blog. Three years! And the OS is still very much in beta. Oh well...
It is your opinion. Mine is different.

Or I could try an ideal world and say all mobile OS (Android, Blackberry 10, Firefox oS, iOS, Sailfish, Tizen, Ubuntu Touch, Windows Phone) are in alpha or beta state because they don't have all the features of EPOC OS (from Psion handheld computers).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
It is your opinion. Mine is different.

Or I could try an ideal world and say all mobile OS (Android, Blackberry 10, Firefox oS, iOS, Sailfish, Tizen, Ubuntu Touch, Windows Phone) are in alpha or beta state because they don't have all the features of EPOC OS (from Psion handheld computers).
Or PalmOS - still looking for an app that provides me the features of the Agendus calendar on my Tungsten :-( - Agendus never reached that level on any other platform ...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
It's one year later, and those wish-specifications for J2 from romu are for me still up to date...

For me, the most important thing would be an AMOLED screen.

The rest will be covered by the operating system

Best regards,

Jaracz

Originally Posted by romu View Post
After having read Jolla is already working on the J2, I think the time has come to give Jolla our expectations.

First, I'd like to start with an assumption. I assume the J2 will be strictly identical to the J1 regarding exterior aspect and sizes. Why? Just to maintain TOH hardware compliance.

If I'm right, it's great news. That would say Jolla doesn't enter the planned obscolescence world.

So personaly, I'm dreaming of the J2 with:
- An OLED 720p screen with active notifications
- 2 GB of RAM for the future
- 32 GB of storage.

And to me, that's all. Your turn.

Nokia 5110 --> Nokia 3210 --> Nokia 8210 --> Nokia 7250i --> Nokia 6500 Slide --> Nokia N97 mini --> Nokia N9 --> BB Z30 --> Jolla C

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaracz For This Useful Post:
ah, how quickly time rolls around.

5" oled screen with curved gorrila glass, a-la the N9
64bit SoC @ 28/22nm
2gb ram
16gb + micro-sd

ToH.... i don't see any purpose in it for myself, could happily live without

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
For me, Jolla equals TOH. Without TOH, it looks like any other slate phone - especially if Sailfish OS is install-able on it.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, jolla 2