Active Topics

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
1st being 1st, check the dl file. If not possible, re dl again.

and post your system info. I think you are doing N810 and tried to install MMC boot into internal SD, right?

I do not know which one you are using, here are the byte size on a winPC

install-tools.deb 3,743
install-tools.ad.tar 5,774
install-tools-N810e.deb 3,744

And sure, you have only ONE EXTERNAL.txt or INTERNAL.txt on your system, right? I think this is not important, though

bun
I'm not sure I understand all of your questions. However, I dl install-tools-N810e.deb to internal memory, which I also dl to my PC. File size is same for both, which is 3,744. So, I have the correct file, right?

System info. Do you mean version? If so, it's 4.2008.30-2.

I don't know what you mean by external.txt and internal.txt. Where are those files located?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by jhford View Post
I'm not sure I understand all of your questions. However, I dl install-tools-N810e.deb to internal memory, which I also dl to my PC. File size is same for both, which is 3,744. So, I have the correct file, right?

System info. Do you mean version? If so, it's 4.2008.30-2.

I don't know what you mean by external.txt and internal.txt. Where are those files located?
Depends on which version you are using. One version came with fixed partition, that just go straight, no int.txt or ext.txt. The other one allows one to customize the partition, and you need int.txt or ext.txt.

Coming............

bun

OK, you now own me 2 cookies, pls send thru fed express
I took out both SD cards in my N800 (I do not like to take cards in and out, very very reluctant; that is why card die, hardware failure etc)
and put a 2G card into the internal slot and then follow the step to step guide I just posted a few threads up, I even dl the install-tools.ad.tgz and went thru the whole 9 yard - start from scratch, and check to make sure,

only 1 card
swap file is unchecked
only INTERNAL.txt is in (EXTERNAL.txt deleted)
9.8 min later, reboot with bootmenu

succeed.

This THROWS away, all the doubt about,
diablo update
recent SSU update.....

I used PB's 5/29/08 .tgz and worked.

N800/4.2008.30-2

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-18 at 00:33.

Bun.
Happy to send the cookies.
But I have an N810 with no internal card slot; only an external card slot from which I removed the card, as you suggested -- no cards in any slots. I unchecked the virtual memory, as you suggested. But, I used the file install-tools-N810e.deb. Is that the wrong file?

jhford - yes.. that is to go to the external card on the n810.. since you took the external card out - it's trying to clone to something that doesn't exist.

the n810 has 2 SD cards.. you just only know of one.,. there is an internal card that is always there that is 2GB... so to install to that one you will download the install tools file for the n800 or n810 internal from the OP.

If you want to install to the EXTERNAL sd card on an n810 then you would use the n810 external SD card link.

Also.. when troubleshooting these kinds of install problems it is best to clear your application manager logs in Tools->Logs and then show us the output from trying to run the installation.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
jhford - yes.. that is to go to the external card on the n810.. since you took the external card out - it's trying to clone to something that doesn't exist.

the n810 has 2 SD cards.. you just only know of one.,. there is an internal card that is always there that is 2GB... so to install to that one you will download the install tools file for the n800 or n810 internal from the OP.

If you want to install to the EXTERNAL sd card on an n810 then you would use the n810 external SD card link.

Also.. when troubleshooting these kinds of install problems it is best to clear your application manager logs in Tools->Logs and then show us the output from trying to run the installation.
Well, I stand CORRECTED. That is why I am asking jhford what do you want to do. I thought jhford wants to install to internal SD.....
anyway, sorry, I gave the wrong instructions. Now you can keep your two cookies.... and thanks for fatalsaint pointed out the OBVIOUS.

jhford, you set me up , I re read the last 10 posts, you never say what you want to do, I guess if you are using N810e, I should have guessed it....... well, bun is giving instruction to have people install in a a card slot that has no card.......so embarrassing, maybe I should delete all these posts and stand in a corner and cry.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-18 at 00:31.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post

Thank you and please forgive my stupidity. I have cleared my log files.
Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that your setup is that you have cloned to internal memory? Don't you think that's what I should do? If so, don't I download install-tools.deb to internal memory and run it from there using Application Manager > Install from file? Also, don't I uncheck virtual memory swap in control panel? And do I remove the external 8GB card, or not?

Last edited by jhford; 2008-08-18 at 00:36.

You will download install-tools.deb to the FLASH.. not the internal memory/MMC because it will need to USE the internal memory to write the data to.. it has to reformat the internal memory and remount it meaning if you try and install from it you will end up with a failure.

The best thing is to install the install-tools.deb to you default Documents directory while in Flash.. make sure the external card is NOT IN the n810.. then install the install-tools.. during the process you may see some Memory card warnings and stuff while the partitions are done.. and then it copies/clones your flash to your internal memory.

Then you can reboot and boot into the internal MMC... and put in your external Card.

And yes.. look in my sig.. I have Diablo in Flash, cloned to internal 2GB MMC, and the full Debian Deblet installed on my external MMC.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
I had problems getting the SSU update to install with dual boot installed on the internal SD. I reflashed to the pre-SSU update and successfully installed the SSU update. Now installing install-tools.deb does not show a boot menu. Help..........

thaibill

If it's already cloned and flash.. uninstall install-tools and install bootmenu.deb .. that will recreate your boot menu and let you boot to your install SD and you can update the new SSU there.

Read my post in the Diablo Update thread.. I had no problems loading the SSU to the internal Diablo, rebooted (lost the boot menu and so went to flash), installed the SSU on the flash, rebooted, and then installed Bootmenu and got back into internal SD.. no data loss and both diablo's were updated.

Tags
deprecated