Active Topics

Notices

Great thanks. but I still have a problem ie my 1 gig ext formatted stick works ok as does my phone 16 meg internal and 4 gig external memory but my 4 gig fat 32 stick says no file system available. It works ok under windows. I take it , it is a format issue with the memory stick.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
Originally Posted by tmac20031 View Post
Ok, I was having the same problem and I posted a thread too, not knowing about this one. Nonetheless I think I figured it out. Usb control isn't working but you can do this:
Download maemo-control-usb:

Search for it exactly like it is spelled in the download page of this site.

It is better to save it to the device, then open it in the file manager.

Then, download usb-otg-plugin:

Link: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1473
I'm (out of the blue) having the same problem with USB Control. It worked fine for over a month on my N810, even after uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, etc., and although I admit that I've tried just about every piece of software out there for the N810, I did recently reflash my N810 and reinstall just the few apps I wanted, and USB Control worked fine after that, too. Now? Nothing. I found the usb-otg-plugin suggestion in another thread, but I'm curious, why do you suggest installing Maemo-control-USB first? Is it necessary/required? I'm just running usb-otg-plugin without USB Control or Maemo-control-usb, and USB host mode is working just fine.

-- Chris

The program seems to work but I somehow lost the USB icon at the top, not the only that comes on when a USB drive is attached, but there was another one, but it disappeared. Can I get that back somehow? I tried unstalling both programs and reinstalling, but nothing. And, it doesn't recognize my mouse or keyboard. Is there any way to get USB mouses or keyboards to work?

Also, you don't need maemo-control to run the OTG application to get the USB drives to work.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
Does anyone find that their battery drains with this program loaded?

I managed to get usb controller to run by adding
/usr/bin/run-standalone.sh to /etc/sudoers with NOPASSWD

I'm pretty unsure about what I'm doing but now i can start usb control.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by dbec10 View Post
Does anyone find that their battery drains with this program loaded?
as long as its in usb host mode, there is polling being done on the port to check for inserted devices, iirc...

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Originally Posted by kelvin View Post
Great thanks. but I still have a problem ie my 1 gig ext formatted stick works ok as does my phone 16 meg internal and 4 gig external memory but my 4 gig fat 32 stick says no file system available. It works ok under windows. I take it , it is a format issue with the memory stick.
A lot of usb sticks want more power than the 100 mA the NITs can supply.

Then you connect the usb device through a powered usb hub to the NIT.

For formatting several posts recommend Panasonic's flash memory formatting program.

Originally Posted by flareup View Post
hey, thanks so much for that, works like a dream.
I used to have it working on chinook via the old messy way of swapping files about via emelFM2 etc but couldn't get it to work under diablo.

this is simple and elegant too. nice one, cheers!
plzzz help me here!! i was using this great method since 1 month untill today when i reflashed my n810 i wanted to reinstall the usb-otg-plugin and it seems like it's outdated or somthing as it appears zero size when open it in file maneger for downloading!! and when i continue downloading there is nothing no usb sympol on statusbar or anything? can u help or confirm it?

thanx in advance to all of ya

sorry guys forget it! i was doing somthing wrong !! it worked well as explained in this thread

still thanx to u all

opps! yes i'm back again! guys did any body notice his n810 freezs episodes after installing the Otg-usb on statusbar! after 1 mysterious reason of why my n810 with the latest upgrade or firmware freezes i just found out strangely that this app causing the whole problem!! :-( coz as soon as uninstall it my tablet just worked fine for 2 days now!!! any clue ideas experties about this! and any alternative app to use the usb for my external sticks and memory cards reader? it will be mucb preciated.
as always thanx in advance guys.