Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
There is a thread about it where I posted the cause (QT-Update from today has a removed method which is used in SiB (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...928#post482928)). This is unfortunate but should hopefully not be a problem. It is also neither the developers nor Nokias 'fault', just what happens on the 'bleeding' edge (and that name has a reason ).

I also asked plastik (the developer) if he could have a look at it So hopefully it will work again soon.

Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
There is a thread about it where I posted the cause (QT-Update from today has a removed method which is used in SiB (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...928#post482928)). This is unfortunate but should hopefully not be a problem. It is also neither the developers nor Nokias 'fault', just what happens on the 'bleeding' edge (and that name has a reason ).

I also asked plastik (the developer) if he could have a look at it So hopefully it will work again soon.

Best regards,
Corwin

Thinkin it was an issue only I was having, I
1. Tried installing SiB and Mplayer in all possible seq
2. flashed my phone...hoping that wud fix it
3. bricked my phone in the process...
4. fixed it by reading few posts here (luckily had enough battery).
5. reinstalled Mplayer & SiB.
Just came back to check if any one replied...

So thanks a lot...i wouldnt have stopped if i hadnt read ur post

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by rohityes View Post
So thanks a lot...i wouldnt have stopped if i hadnt read ur post
try using KMPlayer while SiB isn't properly working

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
So MPlayer is an application to run media files from xtram? and KMPlayer is the MPlayer UI?

Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
So MPlayer is an application to run media files from xtram? and KMPlayer is the MPlayer UI?
yep. KMPlayer and SiB are GUIs and launch mplayer.

while SiB is only mplayer - KMPlayer can use the default player (gstreamer/osso), mplayer and nnp. (you have to choose which one you like to use from a dropdown-menu)

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Whats wrong with SiB?

that's what's wrong: ^^

Originally Posted by Corwin View Post

Best regards,
Corwin

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
Whats wrong with SiB?
Well since you mention it. I tried to install SiB and it wouldn't install because of a bunch of qt4 libs. I looked for them and didn't see them in any of the repositories.

I am happy with SiB, have not tried out KMplayer if you used both witch one do/did you prefer?

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
I am happy with SiB, have not tried out KMplayer if you used both witch one do/did you prefer?
there is a poll for this one anywhere. ^^

mhm... i have to say i prefered SiB because the gui was not so overloaded like the one of KMPlayer.

but since the playback of some files differs (depending on the video-container) either on SiB or KMPlayer i like to change them to look where my video runs smoother.

both GUIs have ups and downs. just try both of them and decide for yourself.