Active Topics

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
It's easyer to say what N900 can do than making novels with missing features. I miss my N95 8 GB... N900 was just Nokia way to collect some money from their customers!
And when I remember that I saved money for him...
What a shame! My last mistake Nokia!

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
It's easyer to say what N900 can do than making novels with missing features. I miss my N95 8 GB... N900 was just Nokia way to collect some money from their customers!
And when I remember that I saved money for him...
What a shame! My last mistake Nokia!
Great english ^. How can the n900 be missing phone features when they were never supposed to be there in the first place . Do some research before you buy next time.
What a f**king bunch of *****s .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allmine1976 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
This kind of complaints on phone features pop up once a few days and seems never end.
Complaints tend to end when the problem is addressed and/or solved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
No offense to anyone here.
Yes it is clear that some common phone features are missing.

But please do your research before buying a really expensive phone. If you just got it a week ago it means you had 2 months to read the forums, the reviews and etc.

Lack of voice dialing, for example, was mentioned over and over and over and over and over.

*sighs*

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hippo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hippo View Post

But please do your research before buying a really expensive phone. If you just got it a week ago it means you had 2 months to read the forums, the reviews and etc.

Lack of voice dialing, for example, was mentioned over and over and over and over and over.
While I'm not arguing against doing your research before buying anything technical; I will say that some things like lack of ability to dial * or # led numbers for checking your account balance and the such was not known until after it was released and/or purchased.

To be 100% honest, that would have been a surprise for most, there's no documentation that states otherwise save for this forum. There are some workarounds - again, found in this forum - and that's a good thing.

It's not clear what's missing in some cases. Just being honest.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hippo View Post

*sighs*
I hate this endless discussions, but for once I have to give my 2 cents.
First, let me say I love the N900, but I am actually going back to my E65 for my regular work week. Yes, there has been tons of discussions on this forums about the features...BUT
As a previous poster mentioned, Nokia advertised this PHONE as the new big thing. And believe it or not, there are people out there, business people, who are not geeks and just want a phone that is cutting edge. These people do not hang out in forums like these (because they don't know about them and don't have time to do so). They trust a brand which they have trusted for years. They cashed down $1000 for the communicator when it came out and don't mind paying $400 or $500 for a good E-series device, so the argument, "you should have researched the phobe before you buy it" is really unacceptable. How much brand trust can there be if you are told "not our fault that you did not do your homework on the new phone we advertise all over as the new best thing ever".
I love Nokia and I will always buy Nokia (like I did for the last 15 years-yes my first Nokia was a 2110), but this is not a goos move by them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slotti For This Useful Post:
I completely agree, with what you just said. Furthermore, the fact that the N900 was delayed for so long would have led anyone (researching or not researching) interested in the device to believe that Nokia was working out all of the "kinks". In fact, it almost seemed like they added more "kinks" instead just to mess with us (the reboot issue that almost everyone had before the latest update). The phone is by far the most capable device out there at the moment in the best package. They certainly didn't miss the mark hardware-wise (minus my gripe about the lack of AT&T 3G support) but have a good amount of ground to cover software/ support wise. That being said, I think Nokia definitely did release the device for the more technology literate crowd, hence the lack of advertising here in the United States. I think their advertising just aimed to squeeze out more sales from the less informed mobile phone shoppers. Whatever, I'm pretty satisfied.
----Kham

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yeah the phone features are not there. Only a simple phone feature as for now.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-02-07 at 20:53.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
May be we should give Nokia a bit more time. Hopefully in the next update they fix the problem.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-02-07 at 20:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
My N900 connect to my Mail Exchange just fine. Mine Mail Exchange is 2003 and it worked after PR1.1, So I guess you are one of the few that could not get it to work.

First you need to know the server you logging into, then secondly you need to have a proper port setting. Just set it up manually. That's what I did.
You lucky. Mine working Mail Exchange 2007 required DRM. Can you recommend any solution for this case?

Tags
mo better features please