Originally Posted by b666m View Post
there are two ways (depends on where i put the float-right):

- avatar is top-right (where i want it to be).
- text gets moved under the avatar (where it shouldn't be).
- message bubble (grey) expands the whole size?!

- avatar is anywhere else in between of the text.
- text and bubbles totally dearranged

i don't want to try anymore. css is driving me crazy at this point. ^^

and it seems that nobody really wants to have a new layout like this one.

i could post the code/ upload the files if somebody wants to take a look at it. but this one isn't easy to understand because of one new layer before the bubble and having these two layers aligned to the message-block which i colored for this mod too. (took me 3 hours for having this layout ^^)
Did you try separating the Div's in the html code for the Avatars? If you float both the avatar and message bubble to the right and your order for the message and Avatar divs is not correct and your message bubble width is not limited, it will automatically float the message bubble under the Avatar.
It looks like your order might be correct but have you limited the width of the bubble so it will fit between your avatar and margin on the left of the bubble?

Posting the code or files might help.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by byte_76 View Post
Attach all the files so that we can try to help!
HI
In the SMS the gap fixed by this line: margin-top: -40px;
Code:
div.Message {
  padding-bottom: 8px;
  clear:      both;
  display:        block;
  padding-left: 8px;
  margin-top: -40px;
}
And I don't know where I can put this line in the IM... it's not work...
Here my files: IM Conversation
Thanks

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Did you try separating the Div's in the html code for the Avatars? If you float both the avatar and message bubble to the right and your order for the message and Avatar divs is not correct and your message bubble width is not limited, it will automatically float the message bubble under the Avatar.
It looks like your order might be correct but have you limited the width of the bubble so it will fit between your avatar and margin on the left of the bubble?

Posting the code or files might help.
divs are set correctly.
and i use "display: block;" for the avatar and the bubbles... so there will be breaks in front and after the blocks.
it all works fine... but the floating doesn't work... although it works in other layouts in the same way i integrated it here... css sucks xD

but hey... maybe anyone finds my code interesesting... so i'll upload it right after writing down this sentence ^^ ... now
Attached Files
File Type: zip threelayers.zip (8.7 KB, 126 views)

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
anyone made a wiki or list for reference to everyones (main) designs?

@b666m: Try these attached files, maybe it will be easier for you to mod to your specification.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.zip (10.8 KB, 111 views)

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
HI
In the SMS the gap fixed by this line: margin-top: -40px;
Code:
div.Message {
  padding-bottom: 8px;
  clear:      both;
  display:        block;
  padding-left: 8px;
  margin-top: -40px;
}
And I don't know where I can put this line in the IM... it's not work...
Here my files: IM Conversation
Thanks
Have you tried just commenting out the top-margin for div.MessageSelf and div.MessageOther?

The Following User Says Thank You to byte_76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Have you tried just commenting out the top-margin for div.MessageSelf and div.MessageOther?
I fixed this gap by adding margin-top: -25px; to div.MessageSelf and div.MessageOther.
Thanks

deleted theme3 from thread, there were little margin issues that i fixed this weekend. so re-posting the files here
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip conv-ui_theme3.zip (9.6 KB, 254 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
hey guys, I would like to customize my conversations too, and I have a few questions:

how do you do, or which program do you use to change edit the html/css/js files?

Do you have any way to visualize them in your computer or is more like a trial and error thing? (I mean: you change something, you put the files back into the phone, you check if it worked as you expected, and then you take them back, edit them again and repeat the process).

Thanks and keep the good work .

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by r0be11 View Post
hey guys, I would like to customize my conversations too, and I have a few questions:

how do you do, or which program do you use to change edit the html/css/js files?
in ubuntu: gedit.
in windows: notepad++.
in maemo: vi. xD (for smaller corrections *G*)

Do you have any way to visualize them in your computer or is more like a trial and error thing? (I mean: you change something, you put the files back into the phone, you check if it worked as you expected, and then you take them back, edit them again and repeat the process).

Thanks and keep the good work .
copy them from one point to another or ssh into the directory and edit it there directly.

all in all best way to do it is via ssh just search for it - there are many threads out there (:

Tags
bada rox, his lunchbox