Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
The delay is likely do to a lack of resources dedicated to Maemo 5. There is no ROI for Nokia to continue putting updates out for the N900. 1.2 is probably a very small team and will be the last update ever from Nokia.

N900 will be a community driven device, like it pretty much has been already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
The delay is likely do to a lack of resources dedicated to Maemo 5. There is no ROI for Nokia to continue putting updates out for the N900. 1.2 is probably a very small team and will be the last update ever from Nokia.

OOOOOER me thinks you are in for a roasting over that post lol.

I am really starting now to realize how big mistake I did to buy the n900.
Anyway this will be my last device I bought fron Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
1.2 is probably a very small team and will be the last update ever from Nokia.
Problem with your assumption is that in the maemo.org bugtracker there are at least two comments where a Nokia employee uses the term "PR 1.3".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
... also, there's this recent statement about PR1.2 using a new rootfs layout to have more space on rootfs available for SSUs. I wonder how much sense it would make to put effort into that and then not providing at least one more SSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
FYI, I have a source in Nokia who told me "Not before the end of May" concerning the release date of the PR1.2.

So still a couple of weeks to wait!

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I believe they did that on the leaked fw as the rootfs jumps up remarkably but what IF his assumptions are fact, if you look at the chaos surrounding the 900 it is never ending from the hardware right down to the actual fact it has been offered as a first device ever with open development, that along with the huge headaches has got Nokia very quiet indeed and then all of a sudden out of the blue comes a "leaked" fw. It is all very suspicious whichever way you look at it and one thing for sure is the usb problem, that will mean a new design so all in all we could very well be looking at the end of the N900 very soon as it will be the modern day zx81 that everyone loves to play with that does not need any more support for the very reason it already has a sufficient os that anyone can develop for.
Hmmmmm food for thought aye.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-05-07 at 16:19.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
camera is slower to processing captured image, loss of quality.
Strange, some people reported a camera image improvement.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
FYI, I have a source in Nokia who told me "Not before the end of May" concerning the release date of the PR1.2.

So still a couple of weeks to wait!
please tell me thats not a reliable source

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by onaje View Post
please tell me thats not a reliable source
If it wasn't, I wouldn't post it there!

Tags
poo poo 1.2, pr 1.2, why am i here?