Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks
I noticed that after I installed this app, I got a little problem with other widgets...
I got the black bar above and on the left side of the Conversation widget and above/below + right/left of the Personal photo widget...
This problem disappear if I uninstall your app or remove from desktop and reboot...
See this pictures:

Can you fix this ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-05-05 at 05:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2010 @ California
Let me reproduce this problem and will start working on this.

Thanks

Applet is now in Extras-testing.

If you think Yellow Notes deserves to go into Extras repository, you can vote for it.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...antle/0.4.2.2/

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielnava For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gabrielnava View Post
Applet is now in Extras-testing.

If you think Yellow Notes deserves to go into Extras repository, you can vote for it.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...antle/0.4.2.2/

Thanks

This version is still with my old problem "black bars" (see above)....

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Malaysia
I just installed the Yellownotes application and firstly I would like to thank the developer/s. It’s a wonderful idea to have a small “sticky note” pad on the desktop. I used to have a lot of “notes” earlier in my symbian phone by typing quickly into SMS form and keeping in draft folders. That was the most convenient way of storing, syncing and accessing the small notes on the go like no. of your parking square in the big shopping mall parking garage with 7-8 floors and thousands of spots on each floor. Quick way to scribble down a phone number or some instructions for driving etc.

I would like to give a few suggestions for the improvements.
- please make it possible to use the pen to draw on the notes too. Sometimes you just want to draw a small sketch to explain something and still keep it visible on the desktop.
- please increase the size of the buttons to start the editing. Right now I have to use the pen to click on the “pencil icon” for editing or to move to the next note etc.

Here is the suggestion how I think it would be most handy way to implement these suggestions. Instead of having the small visible icons on the top right of the widget, make them appear with partial transparency on top of the note itself (big enough to press with the finger). This way when you touch the note, there are two arrows to move to the next or previous notes, free-hand drawing button, type with keyboard button or delete (recycle bin) button. The implementation could be very similar to the “Personal photo frame widget”. There you can move to next or previous photo by pressing the left or right edge of the widget. Recycle bin could be perhaps implemented in a way that if you keep it pressed for a second or two, the note can be deleted without additional confirmation. You could perhaps add small overlay buttons to change the color of the note on the fly. The buttons could be on the lower edge of the note in the same overlay with the rest of the buttons mentioned above.

I think that with these improvements, this app will become the most useful widget for the N900 users!

Thanks and good luck!

Hagar
Last: N900

Last edited by Hagar; 2010-05-14 at 03:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hagar For This Useful Post:
Transparency is supported now!!! Please try new version. You can get Yellow Notes v0.5 for Fremantle from Garage, still working on getting it into extras:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3617

Hagar and all, still need to work on some usability and finger-friendly features and I appreciate all your suggestions, will try to include them in next release.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielnava For This Useful Post:
Thanks Gabriel !
But after updating I still have the problem with Black bars...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I hate to ask the question again; however any traction on the Diablo version?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I hate to ask the question again; however any traction on the Diablo version?
Hi gerbick

There's a Diablo version for Yellow Notes. Specifically, what features you want to see in your N810/N800 Diablo device?

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks Gabriel !
But after updating I still have the problem with Black bars...
Hi Schturman

Sorry but yes, the 'black bars' issue was not addressed in this release since I couldn't reproduce the issue at that moment, you can even see this screenshot for YellowNotes and Conversations widget being shown without any problem.

I know that the problem isn't acceptable, therefore I'll work to solve it. Now that I could reproduce the problem, what I can suggest for the short therm to solve this without rebooting the device is:

1. remove affected widgets
2. add Yellow Notes
3. add previously removed widgets.

As you can see in the screenshot, you can have both widgets living together if you follow steps above.