Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yes. That's exactly why Nokia gave up on the N900... so this small community would complain, never get heard or even register on Nokia's radar as a problem, skim the threads, take the best ideas and use them in a new project that will have the words "open source" slapped on it and people will eat it up... and charge a premium for it, only to support it verbally for a year, and actually for just a few updates.

That sound about right with what you're thinking?

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Textbook..
Textbook what, exactly? Calling out h3llraz0r and this thread for what they are?

There is no value in letting people abuse this forum and its visitors.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That sound about right with what you're thinking?
Don't forget to insult everyone who doesn't hate their device and suffer from waves of regret and rage towards Nokia. You gotta include the verbal abuse too.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Textbook what, exactly? Calling out h3llraz0r and this thread for what they are?

There is no value in letting people abuse this forum and its visitors.

Don't forget to insult everyone who doesn't hate their device and suffer from waves of regret and rage towards Nokia. You gotta include the verbal abuse too.
Nah, i meant textbook troll thread.

Still, killed a couple of hours...

Guys, hellrazor loves his N900. I've called him out multiple times. He said he was going to leave long ago.. (months) and yet still hangs around.

He wants the patches and the awesomeness as much as the rest of us. Just recognize it. And everytime he posts, be sure to remind him of when he said he was going to leave. Just out-troll the troll.

Oh hey, hellrazor, I already got your response for ya:

"lol "

Did I nail it?

Turd.

Last edited by Laughingstok; 2010-05-26 at 14:52.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Here is a picture I'd call "Nokia and the community"

Let's briefly analyze it...

- Nokia and the community are joined at the hips... inseperable, both need each other to coexist in this form..

- Nokia is standing on thin ice... yet they don't acknowledge it and still try to show off their best form for everyone to see

- Nokia appears a bit old fashioned... yet clean, composed and dignified

- Nokia seems to be slowly screwing the community, but community seems to be enjoying it none the less
you won the thread

I've said it before, Maemo 5 was the second last step in the process, I personally still love this device all it needs now is:

1. Ovi Maps 3.0
2. Flash Player 10.1

Nokia said it will still support Maemo, so I expect more bug fixes coming with more updates, this is a niche device and I'm glad I'm part of the community

I don't care what anybody says this is still the best device on the market today, Nexus one and Apple's 3GS are great at what they do, but at actually looking at what each device does, the N900 is still a better device. Look at what has been done with this device in only 6 short months, imagine what the future could hold.

The Meego device will be amazing, but for now we've got the N900.

Tell me another device that can run P2P for the upcoming World Cup? So let's be realistic people.

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
For God's sake can't you just not post anything rather than engage in ridiculous and childish namecalling! Are you so sure that he's wrong? Nokia have dropped devices dead in the water in the past, they really have (N93 for one) because they were not convenient to maintain.

Even if you're right, why can't he have his opinion? You don't have to read it and you don't have to comment!!

People like YOU put me off coming to this forum, not the OP. What on earth prevents you from just being civil and mature and holding your tongue when you disagree with someone? How old are you just out of interest?
Ive said the exact same time again and again but there isnt any point talking about these fanboys. I mean its simply ingnorant, I bet you most of'em arent over 20 yrs and for majority of them this is most probably their first shiny nokia device.

I'm with you man ...! the best thing WE should do is get rid of this crappy phone... but the problem is... who is gonna buy an N900, when there are other superior phones...

*sigh*

Originally Posted by junooni View Post
Ive said the exact same time again and again but there isnt any point talking about these fanboys. I mean its simply ingnorant, I bet you most of'em arent over 20 yrs and for majority of them this is most probably their first shiny nokia device.
I can probably dig back a couple days and cite h3llraz0r being as bad if not worse than the post 2 quotes back. Of course, h3llraz0r was also digging for that kind of response, and apparently seeks to do nothing but damage this forum.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I can probably dig back a couple days and cite h3llraz0r being as bad if not worse than the post 2 quotes back. Of course, h3llraz0r was also digging for that kind of response, and apparently seeks to do nothing but damage this forum.
how is it damaging this forum, i dont understand how ppl consider critiscism as damage,...why dont' u accept the reality..the software and teh support from Nokia sucks big time for this device.

Closed Thread