Active Topics

Notices

Mappero would theoretically also be able to use one of the local OSM renderers (e.g. Memphis) to avoid requiring a web connection.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Mappero would theoretically also be able to use one of the local OSM renderers (e.g. Memphis) to avoid requiring a web connection.
Could you elaborate more on that?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I have written a script to simplify installing up-to-date navit. Now it only takes a few minutes. Still a work in progress...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
Does anyone know if there are any options to incorporate transit options into any of these mapping options?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by dharder View Post
Does anyone know if there are any options to incorporate transit options into any of these mapping options?
Transit meaning a boat (ferry) ride of some kind, or meaning waypoints? Navit doesn't support waypoints yet: you have to select the next goal for routing manually.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
i use Sygic and i feggin HATE it. constantly crashes, takes forever to lock in the gps, and now with the newest update it kills my keyboard while in use.

H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live most people, i really rely on my gps now to work on the fly and Sygic just isnt cutting it for me.

Which programs are you guys using for turn by turn and reliable mapping, and why are you using them?

I use Sygic and have none of these issues, I think its a pretty amazing app.
Never crashed for me, Locks in less than 20 seconds, no other issues.

I would suggest there is an issue with your install, maybe try to strip it off and install again?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regnighc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Sygic 10

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by regnighc View Post

I would suggest there is an issue with your install, maybe try to strip it off and install again?

i would definitely consider this... any one else think this might solve the issue?

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
I have the occasional crash of Sygic but nothing unbearable (just re-start it and it continues from where it left of).

I don't have problems with gps lock, but it might be location based (?). Is the signal OK, when it gets the lock?

The keyboard problem is known (it "locks" the keyboard), which is annoying. Haven't found a fix yet.