Active Topics

Hi,
When I got to whatismyipv6 I get an ipv6 address but still no dancing turtle at kame.net. Do I have IPV6?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by tmojoe View Post
It's the same.

You can find the IPv6 address of your phone with either an ifconfig in the terminal or by going to www.whatismyv6.com. Once you have that address, you can ssh user@xxxxx, where xxxxx is your IPv6 address on the phone.

I am not sure what the default user is on the n900, but i assume you can create a user account with any valid name and password, or use root to SSH into the phone ... i have not done it myself.

Now, for this to work you have to have downloaded and installed the SSH sever and have it running. Same goes for FTP, HTTP, ... or whatever service you want to run on the phone.
default user is named "user" but yes you can create users just like any other linux system. N900 GUI does not necessarily support it but for terminal/ssh purposes it should work normally.

I didn't get dancing turtle either but was able to SSH into my phone using the IPv6 address so it works. Facebook, gchat, browsing and email works - skype doesn't but it sucks my battery dry anyway so I don't mint having that turned off.

I also observed having IPv6 working on EDGE =)

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I do get the dancing turtle, using microb.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Hi,
When I got to whatismyipv6 I get an ipv6 address but still no dancing turtle at kame.net. Do I have IPV6?
Yeah, the turtle is more a historical thing than a good test. www.whatismyv6.com i think is the gold standard, the page loads fast and shows the address clearly. You can also go to sites like www.comcast6.net and www.arin.net and several other sites will reflect back the IPv6 address that their server received you on. Another good hint is that the address they reflect to you is from the T-Mobile USA IPv6 range which starts with 2607:FB90:..... If you see that you, know you are doing the right thing for sure.

Originally Posted by tmojoe View Post
Yeah, the turtle is more a historical thing than a good test. www.whatismyv6.com i think is the gold standard, the page loads fast and shows the address clearly. You can also go to sites like www.comcast6.net and www.arin.net and several other sites will reflect back the IPv6 address that their server received you on. Another good hint is that the address they reflect to you is from the T-Mobile USA IPv6 range which starts with 2607:FB90:..... If you see that you, know you are doing the right thing for sure.
Thanks. BTW, found another site that seems pretty useful. It's just like whtaismyv6 but a bit more info.

http://wattcher.015.info/check-ipv6-refresh.html

Found this on an Android forum.

-- Edit--

The odd thing is that my laptop is tethered via Joikuspot and the first time I hit the link via laptop it says that my laptop is not using IPv6 which I didn't think it would be and then I clicked the link I just posted above to make sure I didn't make a typo and now it says I'm on IPV6 but it says I'm using the 2001:0:... address. In microb my address is 2607:FB90... I didn't know it would be possible to tether IPV6.

I have IPV6 running in 2 methods. First is via the Google method so is IPV6 only. Joikupspot won't even startup. Next is the IPV4/IPV6 with the scripts and Joikuspot works apparently but I thought only through IPV4. Is the 2001:0:... address specific to mys system? I'm slightly confused.

-- Edit --

Never mind. Apparently the phone is doing 6to4 teredo tunneling? Must be something in the Titan kernel. I don't think Joikuspot does any tunneling. It's interesting that whatismyipv6 doesn't detect the teredo tunneling but the link above does. Still don't understand.

Last edited by geohsia; 2010-09-03 at 03:37.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
I'm having issues... This seemed so simple. I didn't have this much trouble OC'ing a few months back. Anyway, I have a couple of questions:

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post

4d) Make sure name and password are blank, not indt
Code:
### IPv6 APN username ###
MY_IPv6_USERNAME="indt"
### IPv6 APN password ###
MY_IPv6_PASSWORD="indt"
Do I actually leave just the " " or type in the words "blank"? My second question is how can I verify the scripts are executable? I type in chmod ugo+x....etc, etc and hit enter for both and nothing happens. You guys have done a good job explaining most of this but I think I may have a few things mixed up...

Oh, almost forgot.... In the /etc/resolv.conf file for wi-fi, in what order should the nameserver be? 127.0.0.1 first or should 2001:470:b:c8::1 be by itself. Your help is appreciated.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When you ask questions, try to be as precise as possible. "I have issues" is very vague. I suppose it means "this still isn't working," so you should say so.

When you ask if the word "blank" should be in the quotes instead of "indt" you might as well tell us if you tried it that way.

No, indt should go away and "" should remain.

To confirm that the files are executable you could type

ls -l

Those are ls as in lemon and they stand for long, meaning give us lots of information.

They should show us some xs for executable in some places.

You could show us what you have rather than just asking questions.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Maybe saying "I'm having issues" was a bit vague. My apologies... Yes, I have tried both in regards to the quotations. I actually typed it but erased it trying to condense. I am able to get IPv6 via 3G but I am unable to log into any of my services (Googletalk, YM, Skype). I was just hoping someone would share their settings. I'm trying to use ipv4+ipv6 setup. I just have a couple of scripts or missing scripts in the wrong place. I do still retain some Linux skills (very rusty from 2004) so I can perform some rudimentary tasks, just needed a bit of guidance.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My resolv.conf is

nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 2001:470:b:c8::1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile