Active Topics

Notices

@above
dude,
how did u make it work???
pls do tell me!

able to view the GUI. but not getting any sort of notification ((

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain ( Granada )
I have the problem that when I go to settings and select your notificaion, I closed by internal error. Anyone know anything?

The only problem I've had with it is that I haven't been able to 'acknowledge' that I've had a missed call. It basically keeps beeping / vibrating until I reboot my phone if I've missed a call. Even if I called the person back.

Anyone else having this issue? It's happened to me twice. Otherwise it's awesome and works well.

slaapliedje

I had a problem with Call Notify 0.2.0-2 not working well with PR 1.2.

If I missed one SMS, it would say that I missed 5+. It would not show a missed call icon if I missed a call.

I opened usr\lib\hildon-desktop\CallNotify.py. Saw this line.

Code:
if isSms:
#Nokia changed the event number from 7 to 11 and also combined the incomming and outgoing sms's
cur.execute("select count(id) from Events where event_type_id = 7 and outgoing = 0")
else:
#Nokia changed the event from 3 to 2
cur.execute("select count(id) from Events where event_type_id = 3 and outgoing = 0")
After reading the commented out lines, I changed the first event_type_id = 7 to event_type_id = 11.

I changed the second event_type_id = 3 to event_type_id = 2.

Everything works for me correctly now on PR 1.2

Attached is the modified CallNotify.py. Extract from .zip and replace in \usr\lib\hildon-desktop

Not sure if it'll work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CallNotify.zip (3.6 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by ceevee; 2010-10-01 at 21:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
I had a problem with Call Notify 0.2.0-2 After reading the commented out lines, I changed the first event_type_id = 7 to event_type_id = 11.

I changed the second event_type_id = 3 to event_type_id =2.

Attached is the modified CallNotify.py. Extract from .zip and replace in \usr\lib\hildon-desktop

please make sure this patch is added upstream(=send patch to maintainer)

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
The only problem I've had with it is that I haven't been able to 'acknowledge' that I've had a missed call. It basically keeps beeping / vibrating until I reboot my phone if I've missed a call. Even if I called the person back.

Anyone else having this issue? It's happened to me twice. Otherwise it's awesome and works well.

slaapliedje
Yes, I thought I was the only one, alson On TMO USA. Going to have to uninstall as it is driving me crazy.It beeps for hrs and I am tired of rebooting

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
I had a problem with Call Notify 0.2.0-2 not working well with PR 1.2.

If I missed one SMS, it would say that I missed 5+. It would not show a missed call icon if I missed a call.

I opened usr\lib\hildon-desktop\CallNotify.py. Saw this line.

Code:
if isSms:
#Nokia changed the event number from 7 to 11 and also combined the incomming and outgoing sms's
cur.execute("select count(id) from Events where event_type_id = 7 and outgoing = 0")
else:
#Nokia changed the event from 3 to 2
cur.execute("select count(id) from Events where event_type_id = 3 and outgoing = 0")
After reading the commented out lines, I changed the first event_type_id = 7 to event_type_id = 11.

I changed the second event_type_id = 3 to event_type_id = 2.

Thanks Ceevee.

Has anyone tried this patched version out? Call Notify was a really useful app while it was working and I'd love to have it again but not being a developer and having not a great deal of modding experience I'm always apprehensive installing apps that aren't in the Extras repo as it takes me so long to restore the phone to the way I like if I brick it.

Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Has anyone tried this patched version out?
Not really, but I did the modification myself and it helped nothing. BTW: My problem is not, that it shows 5+ Messages or whatever. My problem is that call notify does not do anything at all (except appear in the settings )

DerYo-->

I reflashed and can't get it to work with PR1.3. Does anyone of alternative program?