Active Topics

Poll: Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???
Poll Options
Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???

(really must install the Flash tweak tool)
The flash tweaker does not work with this update 1.3

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
nokia urgently need to make a response to the errors that they have done with this latest update....what are the chances?

Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
nokia urgently need to make a response to the errors that they have done with this latest update....what are the chances?
What errors? Something that was never promised but you expected?

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
It's always the same... just because Nokia didn't promise it, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been included! This phone was EXPENSIVE. It is simply not good enough to say "oh well I knew what I was buying into, I didn't raise my expectations blah blah blah..." There's a reason Nokia execs have been replaced left, right and centre... there's a reason they're losing ground to all the other manufacturers, there's a reason they have forums full of raging angry customers!

I love the N900. If Meego comes, I'll install it and see how it goes. If it doesn't then it doesn't. I know it is not on the cards as far as the official announcements go - I do understand this fact.

I am however NOT happy with the support Nokia has provided. This is a great base hardware, with a very capable OS. Updates and fixes could have been provided on a weekly basis, addressing problems and issues in a steady and reasonable manner. Instead Nokia have left issues like pop email not auto-checking broken for months since the PR1.2 update. It is now fixed, thankfully... but that's the kind of service Nokia are giving and so it's no wonder people are angry and frustrated at them!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stopgap For This Useful Post:
What is wrong with all those talking about promises and keep nagging that nothing was promised nothing was promised!!!!
did nokia promise that any Maps application updates will have the turn by turn navigation free of charge?!!and yet it is there for alot of handsets
and for N900 i am a realistic person as long as any other company could provide such software, working on my handset this means that the mother company can do it
and for video calls, for those think they are smart, video calls is something different than google video call and different than skype video call
so i think that it is simple question why there is no video call over 3G in this update? regardless the price of this service i use it

Do i have to expect a promise that i'll be able to know the call duration in next updates?? it is simple requiremnts being posted and if Nokia is taking a real care it would take such ideas into consideration.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mhamza View Post
What is wrong with all those talking about promises and keep nagging that nothing was promised nothing was promised!!!!
did nokia promise that any Maps application updates will have the turn by turn navigation free of charge?!!and yet it is there for alot of handsets
and for N900 i am a realistic person as long as any other company could provide such software, working on my handset this means that the mother company can do it
and for video calls, for those think they are smart, video calls is something different than google video call and different than skype video call
so i think that it is simple question why there is no video call over 3G in this update? regardless the price of this service i use it

Do i have to expect a promise that i'll be able to know the call duration in next updates?? it is simple requiremnts being posted and if Nokia is taking a real care it would take such ideas into consideration.
It's about competitively providing advantages over other products, which so far the N900 is rapidly losing, if not already long ago lost. Perhaps people are thoughtlessly throwing around the word 'promise' when they really mean 'hope.' Also.. isn't there a PR 1.3 bug report thread buzzing along pretty chatty around here somewhere?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
It's always the same... just because Nokia didn't promise it, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been included!
Wait, so they should have read your mind and included everything you could think of, otherwise you're disappointed and right to be disappointed?

This phone was EXPENSIVE. It is simply not good enough to say "oh well I knew what I was buying into, I didn't raise my expectations blah blah blah..." There's a reason Nokia execs have been replaced left, right and centre... there's a reason they're losing ground to all the other manufacturers, there's a reason they have forums full of raging angry customers!
Well for one, this isn't a Nokia forum. That's one reason I can't stand these hateful, destructive threads. People with a bone to pick start attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them in their anger.

I am however NOT happy with the support Nokia has provided. This is a great base hardware, with a very capable OS. Updates and fixes could have been provided on a weekly basis, addressing problems and issues in a steady and reasonable manner. Instead Nokia have left issues like pop email not auto-checking broken for months since the PR1.2 update. It is now fixed, thankfully... but that's the kind of service Nokia are giving and so it's no wonder people are angry and frustrated at them!!
Except that the problems with Nokia's support are well known, oft documented on these forums. Crap flinging threads like these that only hit regular users are utterly useless in the short run and do nothing but drive people away. And, unsurprisingly, most are made by people whose SOLE PURPOSE FOR COMING HERE WAS TO *****.

No one here can help you. Go yell at Nokia directly. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It's about competitively providing advantages over other products, which so far the N900 is rapidly losing, if not already long ago lost.
Depends, I suppose if you're a flavor-of-the-month kind then buying into this device -now- would be a foolish endeavor. As for me, there's nothing else like it at the moment so I've got nowhere to move to.

Don't you have more anti-Nokia, anti-N900, user-attacking posts to go thank?

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-10-27 at 01:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
My N900 worked fine two days ago. Worked fine yesterday. And wait.. let me check.. yup. Works fine now.

*sigh* Darn Nokia for not breaking my phone so I could fit in around here!! What were they thinking.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Depends, I suppose if you're a flavor-of-the-month kind then buying into this device -now- would be a foolish endeavor. As for me, there's nothing else like it at the moment so I've got nowhere to move to.
Which is precisely why people keep HOPING for Nokia to update the ONLY Maemo tablet^H^H^H^H^H^Hphone they have with something to make it at LEAST compete with the stuff they're seeing on all the other platforms. Mind you, I still have an old Motorola Droid over here and I'm STILL getting updates and major apps. There's a fairly good chance that the D1 community will backport future OS's, since they're building them from source and customizing the kernels/roms/etc for the Droid. Similarly, the Apple Illuminati (I'm betting that's where all those "i"'s in their products come from) are enjoying similar support and updates from Apple for all theri phones and iPods going back at least three generations at a time. Why shouldn't we expect similar support and flexibility from a Linux tablet like the Nokia N900?

Don't you have more anti-Nokia, anti-N900, user-attacking posts to go thank?
One can only mingle around utopia for so long before it becomes slightly boring sometimes.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
My N900 worked fine two days ago. Worked fine yesterday. And wait.. let me check.. yup. Works fine now.

*sigh* Darn Nokia for not breaking my phone so I could fit in around here!! What were they thinking.
My old 1974 Volkswagen Beetle works fine too! And I love it. But I *AM*, however, glad that there has been progress in the way cars are designed. Just saying.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanbois cry, harsh reality, head splitting, noob noise, qt and bugfixes, rraaggee!!!, shitter thread, waaaaahhh