Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
See here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ot#post1296883
ajalkane, I've been wondering for a while now. Is there any possibility at all, to turn the phone ON automatically?

For example, when it's on 'Sleep' profile, I want my phone to turn off at night, and turn itself ON in the morning when my first alarm goes off!

If it is possible... it'd be a dream-come-true!

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
ajalkane, I've been wondering for a while now. Is there any possibility at all, to turn the phone ON automatically?

For example, when it's on 'Sleep' profile, I want my phone to turn off at night, and turn itself ON in the morning when my first alarm goes off!

If it is possible... it'd be a dream-come-true!
I'm under the impression that N9 wakes up for alarm even if it's turned off. So it should work, right? Try it out and experiment.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I'm under the impression that N9 wakes up for alarm even if it's turned off. So it should work, right? Try it out and experiment.
Yes, N9 does wake up and gives me the option to either 'Snooze' or 'Dismiss' the alarm, but shuts right off, unlike other Nokia phones which ask whether I'd like to turn the phone ON or leave it off!

So, what I am wondering is... if there's a way to turn the N9 ON based on a time condition automatically. In other words, regardless of the alarm, is it possible to set my N9 to turn itself ON at 6 AM every morning?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Yes, N9 does wake up and gives me the option to either 'Snooze' or 'Dismiss' the alarm, but shuts right off, unlike other Nokia phones which ask whether I'd like to turn the phone ON or leave it off!

So, what I am wondering is... if there's a way to turn the N9 ON based on a time condition automatically. In other words, regardless of the alarm, is it possible to set my N9 to turn itself ON at 6 AM every morning?
Upon pondering for a while I realised... when the phone is switched off, nothing's running! (except for the internal clock, maybe), so what could trigger the phone to turn on?!?

No clue... but something to think about, I guess!

Spitting more ideas I guess... since the phone knows to wake up for an Alarm, there's "something" (some service) telling the phone to boot up and ring the alarm... I wonder if that can be taken advantage to turn the phone ON at a specified time?

I'll stop at this until I hear any other thoughts/ideas from others.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
But has the battery enough charge to fully power up the phone, or is the phone low on battery or in 'energy saving' mode?

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
But has the battery enough charge to fully power up the phone, or is the phone low on battery or in 'energy saving' mode?
Yes, the battery has enough charge to fully power on the device.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
I've put the credits in ProfileMatics About dialog also. If you see a problem or a mistake there, let me know also. I'm interested in the Italian translation especially, as that's the only one I haven't received any explicit notification about what to put to credits.
what should be written there?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
what should be written there?
Nothing the translator has to write. Just letting me know who to give credits for the translation. You can check the updated beta's About dialog if I got the Italian translator credit correctly, and let me know if you want it changed!

Thanks for your work on the translation!

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
Nothing the translator has to write. Just letting me know who to give credits for the translation. You can check the updated beta's About dialog if I got the Italian translator credit correctly, and let me know if you want it changed!

Thanks for your work on the translation!
so just my name? for me it's ok
i've just completed and uploaded the translation

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post: