Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... we're all about limiting choices now? Interesting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by amar993t View Post
... but i think we dont need android on n900 because maemo is much better in many ways, it is easier and sophisticated and this is charming of maemo........
Congratulation! You are thinking just as good as Microsoft chairman Mr. Gates,

"Leave the 512k limits on MSDOS alone; 512k is quite alot, user will never need anything more than that."

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
interesting points raised. However think of it this way:

You don't need a car, but yet more or less every family in the developed countries have a car, because you can drive.

Same applies with the N900 & Nitdroid.

You don't need Nitdroid to make the N900 work, but you can install Nitdroid on your N900?.. it's bout being able to carry out a task... and in my opinion its great being able to run 2 OS's on a 'mobile' device..

I mean there are loads of things that are not needed, inc. taxes, poverty and war... But you still find them around...

maemo of course is better because it is built just for n900 and its been polished and everything.
Hardly. Love Maemo but even on it's 5th major version, it's still pretty rough. Funny how Maemo 5 was designed to run on only one phone, and on that one phone it doesn't even run that well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
A while ago i saw a video of someone running Mac OS (or was it OSX?) on the N900, sure it took more than a hour just to open a menu, but it was among the greatest achievements filled under the category "because we can", makes me proud to walk around each day with such a beast by my crotch.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Can't wait for the "we dont need maemo on n900!!" thread when MeeGo comes out, too.
I think MeeGo very young, even on the 2011 it will be young, and with Nokia still having Symbian and loving it, the thread "we dont need maemo on n900!!" will come out on 2012

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
I think MeeGo very young, even on the 2011 it will be young, and with Nokia still having Symbian and loving it, the thread "we dont need maemo on n900!!" will come out on 2012
Steve Jobs says you're holding it wrong.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
We don't need Android - period. But we need devices like the N900 to try these suckers out.

We definitely need Opera on the N800. Love it

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
We don't need Android - period. But we need devices like the N900 to try these suckers out.

We definitely need Opera on the N800. Love it
When I read statements as such... I tend to replace the "we" with "I"... such as:

"I don't need Android - period. But I need a device like the N900 to try these suckers out.

I definitely need Opera on the N800."

It just... seems more correct since I personally want Android on the N900. Why? Because NITDroid will invariably be more supported, even if it gets a halfway hacked version of 2.3 or 3.0 than the end of life Maemo 5.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
When I read statements as such... I tend to replace the "we" with "I"... such as:

"I don't need Android - period. But I need a device like the N900 to try these suckers out.

I definitely need Opera on the N800."

It just... seems more correct since I personally want Android on the N900. Why? Because NITDroid will invariably be more supported, even if it gets a halfway hacked version of 2.3 or 3.0 than the end of life Maemo 5.
He he. Wake me up if they ever get a working rtos on the nitdroid. Without it "we" will be better of with a cheap china-pad.

Tags
awesome!, be nice to him, blah blah blah, gtfo already, maemo, useless junk, what?