Notices

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Hi,

Quick suggestion (warning: I haven't actually used fapman yet myself as I don't install stuff all that often) - which would take some work, but.. - have you considered an attempt at integrating fapman in with maemo.org a bit? Being able to rate applications, view ratings, etc.. would doubtless help the extras-testing queue speed I think.

I'd be (cautiously) optimistic about throwing some of my time into this. Cautiously because I don't have a lot of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Hi,

Quick suggestion (warning: I haven't actually used fapman yet myself as I don't install stuff all that often) - which would take some work, but.. - have you considered an attempt at integrating fapman in with maemo.org a bit? Being able to rate applications, view ratings, etc.. would doubtless help the extras-testing queue speed I think.

I'd be (cautiously) optimistic about throwing some of my time into this. Cautiously because I don't have a lot of it.
I'll even go more specific...

I think fapman should hook up with KISStester and see what spawns

(These names are awesome..)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I think fapman should hook up with KISStester and see what spawns
Since attila77 is already working on KISStester, I don't feel the need to duplicate the functionality in fapman. And even reusing the code would require some work as fapman is c++ and kisstester is python... They are better as separate apps.
Edit: They could have a dependency on each other and communicate using dbus if necessary, I guess.

Last edited by hqh; 2010-08-12 at 19:21.

First off thank you for this. Runs circles around Nokia's version. I was wondering as maybe in a future build if you could add virtual keyboard support. You could incorporate it by placing another button down along the screen edge, that would only show up when you are viewing applications (for installation, upgrade, or deinstallation).

This way you wouldn't need to open the screen for fast searching.

If it is not added, the app rocks.

2d

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
Since attila77 is already working on KISStester, I don't feel the need to duplicate the functionality in fapman. And even reusing the code would require some work as fapman is c++ and kisstester is python... They are better as separate apps.
Edit: They could have a dependency on each other and communicate using dbus if necessary, I guess.
I didn't mean for duplication of effort I meant for them to use each other. Even if it just means at certain points to have one call/execute the other app and it launches on it's own.

Take a look at atilla77's response:

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Yes, I though about similar things, too, but let's get this operational and smooth, then we can think about integration (premature optimization is the root of all evil, eh ?).
I welcome integration with other tools that can help streamlining the process (I will probably provide some way of command-line invocation that would take you straight to the vote dialog).
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for this app. Hands down the most useful

The app hangs at "updating catalogs" for me

I'm currently connected via edge/2g. the normal app manager works fine.

It doesn't appear to be doing anything either. I ran conky and there is no download/upload and the cpu is minimal

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd have a feature suggestions for future versions.

1. Show in the application list with different colors, that what version of the app is available (meaning -testing and -devel).
2. While installing user could choose which version to install. I for one don't know now which version I'm running of Pidgin Protocols Plugin, since the decsription said it was from -devel/-testing.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Hi everyone,

since I installed fap I couldn't update any programm.
For this reason I uninstalled it again. Now I cannot upgrade any program with the built-in appmanager. And I can't install fapman either...

Any help?

medri

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by medri View Post
Hi everyone,

since I installed fap I couldn't update any programm.
For this reason I uninstalled it again. Now I cannot upgrade any program with the built-in appmanager. And I can't install fapman either...

Any help?
What errors do you get? Could you also try (as root) running "apt-get upgrade" in X Terminal and see what errors that gives?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: