Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
LOL, just realized how much profilematic has changed and the latest release almost made my daemon useless LOL

just a feature request, instead of just detecting the connectivity to WLAN, can you include mobile data connections too?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This program is crazy good....
Thanks for all your hard work, it really is appreciated buy the Maemo community.
I just donated $15.78AUD (12 EUD) & I haven't even started to use it yet.
I will definitely donate some more in the future.
Perhaps there should be a small user-guide that includes known issues/bugs?

Isn't RingingRestorer just a subset of what Profilematic does anyway?
Yet you charge for it at the Nokia Store, & offer Profilematic for free.
Profilematic is worth some $ IMO...

*EDIT*
-Bithub link is broken in the first post
-First post hasn't been updated with the latest release details.
-ToggleAvailability link in your sig is broken

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-16 at 09:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
Some apps allow you to control the daemon, as in make it run in the background or not.
Most likely they don't really stop the daemon, they just make it inactive. Starting/stopping a daemon is a bit tricky from user space application, because it must be done as root.

ProfileMatic can also be disabled in the main screen from the menu.

having said that, if I installed the app but did not define any rules/conditions, will the daemon still be running in the background?
Yes the daemon will be in the background, but obviously not doing anything.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-05-16 at 10:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
just a feature request, instead of just detecting the connectivity to WLAN, can you include mobile data connections too?
If you mean a condition, that is activated depending what connection is used (for example. WLAN or GSM/3G), then that is planned. If you mean something else let me know in more detail.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
This program is crazy good....
Thanks for all your hard work, it really is appreciated buy the Maemo community.
I just donated $15.78AUD (12 EUD) & I haven't even started to use it yet.
I will definitely donate some more in the future.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Perhaps there should be a small user-guide that includes known issues/bugs?
I would like to include at least a FAQ and maybe some example configurations to ProfileMatic's homepage. But it's always being delayed as when I have time I rather do some programming :P.

Isn't RingingRestorer just a subset of what Profilematic does anyway?
No, it's actually for quite different use case. ProfileMatic is for recurring planned occurences. RingingRestorer is meant more for unexpected situations that can't be scheduled. For example, I can't schedule my toilet visits, so RingingRestorer can help there. I can put phone silent during my "private time" in toilet, and be assured that the phone restores ringing mode after a while.

Yet you charge for it at the Nokia Store, & offer Profilematic for free.
Profilematic is worth some $ IMO...
I put RingingRestorer as paid app because I wanted to experiment if it's worthwhile to have paid apps there. Another reason was that I didn't create the application for my own needs (although now that the application has been created, I find it quite useful and am using it), but because another user requested it. I would have liked to get a bit compensation for the time used.

I don't intend to charge for ProfileMatic, except by begging for donations. Thanks to all who've donated! It's not a big sum I've gotten that way, but it is nevertheless motivating that there are users who find the application worth while of donations.

-Bithub link is broken in the first post
-First post hasn't been updated with the latest release details.
-ToggleAvailability link in your sig is broken
Thanks! I believe I've fixed these issues now.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-05-16 at 10:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
If you mean a condition, that is activated depending what connection is used (for example. WLAN or GSM/3G), then that is planned. If you mean something else let me know in more detail.
glad to know that
LOL so i can really throw my daemon script MUAHAHAHAHAHA

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
glad to know that
LOL so i can really throw my daemon script MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Not quite yet, it might take a while until the next version is out. But hopefully during the summer .

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
How to set rules to:
Disconnect from my home WiFi whenever anything other than a specific Cell ID is detected (can my carrier's local cell tower ID change?).
And then auto-connect to my home WiFi once a certain Cell ID is detected (and give up trying to connect/scan if it takes longer than 5min).

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-17 at 07:55.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
How to set rules to:
Disconnect from my home WiFi whenever anything other than a specific Cell ID is detected (can my carrier's local cell tower ID change?).
Typically in any given place, the cell id changes between a couple of values.

And then auto-connect to my home WiFi once a certain Cell ID is detected (and give up trying to connect/scan if it takes longer than 5min).
I don't exactly know how to do these, maybe some fancy shell scripting could do that with ProfileMatic's "Custom action".

Harmattan has automatic WiFi scanning in the background. I'm a bit uncertain what you're trying to do as it seems to me Harmattan has built-in the functionality: auto-connect to specified WiFis, disconnect once out of range.

Mmmm, download problem from Ovi store for 1.6.2. Might have to have a fiddle as another app is having problems as well...