Active Topics

OK, uninstalling, clearing the cache and reinstalling worked

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
Mmmm, download problem from Ovi store for 1.6.2. Might have to have a fiddle as another app is having problems as well...
well, I also cant update to the new version. I get a download error..

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Mmmm, download problem from Ovi store for 1.6.2. Might have to have a fiddle as another app is having problems as well...
I had to try reinstall like 3-4 times, but finally it worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
OK, uninstalling, clearing the cache and reinstalling worked
Clearing the cache?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I had to try reinstall like 3-4 times, but finally it worked.
I gave it another try, now it worked

btw thanks for this great program!

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Have a lot of problems with the N9 dropping the connection when mobile network mode set to Dual (https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=79).

Tried to use ProfileMatic to change the mobile network mode to GSM only after 5 minutes of idle time.
Unfortunately the idle condition kicks in even if I have an ongoing phone call and switching network mode during call cuts the connection and ends the call.

Guess you monitor a global system flag to detect if in idle or not so it is probably something we have to live with.
Will try to use location via cell tower ID as a condition instead. As the problem is most frequent at some special locations that is probably the best way to do it anyway.

Really nice program anyhow, and a small donation is one its way.

//j

The Following User Says Thank You to jesper For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Be aware some towers don't like GSM only mode & you'll get no cellular reception at all.
That's been my experience with my carrier, so I've had to stick with 3G or dual...

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Be aware some towers don't like GSM only mode & you'll get no cellular reception at all.
That's been my experience with my carrier, so I've had to stick with 3G or dual...
As the N9 does not like Dual mode, under certain conditions, it is something I have to live with.
Have had it set to GSM only since january without any problems (apart from the slow data transmission).

In dual mode it drops the connection and does not reconnect untill reboot. 3G only seems a little better but still some issues there.

//j

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Wish I could set to GSM but sadly it's not an option for me
3G does seem better than Dual Mode (for me) though...

Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
Clearing the cache?
Maybe not the best terminology but it's what was needed to solve some previous store download/installation problems (seem to be coming thick and fast these days)

Basically it's 'apt-get clean' 'apt-get update' but you can achieve basically the same after uninstalling without terminal mode by using the update pane in the application manager before re-installing

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post: