Active Topics

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
as i said before open x-term & type

Code:
root
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
there will be an-upgrade Hildon Desktop....type (Y) to comfirm upgrade...it will upgrade hildon desktop...after upgrade do reboot...you problem will be solve after reboot...
bro i did what you said, Yes, it does state if i wanna upgrade to hildon.... i put in Y and then enter, it says the version installed is already the latest version

so, anyone know how to do a blacklist of apps that we dont want to rotate, even in portrait mode?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
People, please, THINK before you give advice.

Now, I might have understood something wrong, but this Hildon Desktop DEPENDS on the CSSU - if you run apt-get upgrade, it won't put you back to stock hildon-desktop - it'll put you to CSSU hildon-desktop.

Of course, that only half-matters, since hildon-desktop will be upgraded in the next CSSU update to include this auto-rotation.

Also, I might be an *** when I say thing, but my comments always have some useful info, if you actually pay attention, for the one person who didn't like what I said because I wasn't 'offering solutions' - I did indeed say that IF you had to install the CSSU, your most realistic bet is to downgrade.

Alternatively, you can go to maemo.org/packages, search for hildon-desktop, and figure out which one is the non-CSSU stock version. Download the .deb, and install with dpkg -i (and the force flag, I forget what it is, but prob'ly "--force" - use dpkg --help to figure it out). Then youmd have to pin it, and probably un-pin, update-CSSU, reinstall, and re-pin every time you want to get the next CSSU update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
jafferkhan: it is always a good idea to assume that any random package you download off the internet is going to mess up your system. This is true on the n900, just like on any desktop system. This means you should make up to date backups and be prepared to restore your system if things don't work out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobertron For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I am failing to make keyboard-shortcuts to work with portrait hildon desktop (i modified the deb to ignore the modified-hildon-desktop dependency) but since the portrait desktop is based on the cssu desktop which is in turn based on matan's desktop I assumed it should work.

here is the modified deb, care to give it a try?
Attached Files
File Type: deb keyboard-shortcuts-mod.deb (3.0 KB, 250 views)

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
Sorry if it has already been discussed, didn't read whole topic.. Simple question, is there a way to change profile as it can be changed on landscape mode?

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Is it possible that portrait-HD has killed the on-screen keyboard? It's just not there anymore, when i tap a text entry field with real keyboard closed, nothing happens!
I installed CSSU and then this right after, so maybe it was caused by CSSU.. Any hints?

I have cssu and portrait desktop installed and the onscreen keyboard works for me - both portrait and landscape, which suggests that they can play nicely together.

The Following User Says Thank You to scoobertron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
A TASTE OF WHATS TO COME...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgHo9g77XE

DONT ASK ME FOR IT, ITS IN TESTING

what is the news for this update.. how long .. just curious to have it installed in my N900 and shock my friends so am asking ..?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
what is the news for this update.. how long .. just curious to have it installed in my N900 and shock my friends so am asking ..?
Now, I'm on holidays, but AFAIK it's already merged into CSSU and at some point should be available as an update.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post: