Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Zvjer in your opinion there difference between changing value to something and changing value to empty? if nothing can change value, what can empty value?

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
any Analogue Clock for LPM script that someone can write? would be thankful.

@khan.orak as soon as possible

@coderus right now I'm on a working wifi connection and billboard says online, but wazapp says offline. so you really can't say this status is usefull, can you?

But let's talk business, no ranting. I don't rant - I point
Would it be possible to check once per minute if wazapp crashed and display info on the billboard that it's not running?

One more thing: who is updating billboard status exactly? I'm asking because wazapp is really offline, but billboard says it's online. I'm not sure should I search for a problem in wazapp or in the wazapp-status script?

Don't get me wrong, I have limited scripting skills - I can say that, but I will help if I can.

@slarti you are no better than the person you are angry at.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
@coderus right now I'm on a working wifi connection and billboard says online, but wazapp says offline. so you really can't say this status is usefull, can you?

But let's talk business, no ranting. I don't rant - I point
Would it be possible to check once per minute if wazapp crashed and display info on the billboard that it's not running?

One more thing: who is updating billboard status exactly? I'm asking because wazapp is really offline, but billboard says it's online. I'm not sure should I search for a problem in wazapp or in the wazapp-status script?

Don't get me wrong, I have limited scripting skills - I can say that, but I will help if I can.

@slarti you are no better than the person you are angry at.
Its seems that you are doing something wrong or missing on something because I am using the sh script provided by Coderus earlier in this thread (u have to search it) and its work fine.

I mean no false status till now the only thing you need to remember is the status on LPS is updated by BB is once in 15 min or so if you are using the script (don't remember the time exactly but thp mentioned that in this thread).

If you are using the default status from BB for wazapp then it updates very quickly on your LPS

or

May be something wrong with your N9

I am currently using the built-in wazap-status from BB 1.0.7

@Zvjer can you not write so many words and explain what exactly happening?

for example:
wazapp opened and connected: billboard shows connected
wazapp closed: billboard shows offline
wazapp crashed: billboard shows online

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Is it ok to make it with notepad and save em with UTF-8 coding? Am I doing something wrong there?
I'd recommend never to edit files intended for Unix systems on Notepad. Not only are the line terminators a problem, the UTF-8 encoding can also be a problem. Notepad seems to append BOM to the beginning of files with UTF-8 encoding, which usually causes problems.

So, if you want to use scripts on N9 preferably wrtie them directly on N9 using nano or some other editor. Or if you want to do it in Windows, use some editor that can write with LF line terminators instead of CR/LF. Crimson Editor comes to mind off the top of my minfd.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
you can use MS Word (2007). I was not sure if version make any difference