Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
But basically now that it's confirmed those kinds of applications work on PR1.3, I should be able to abuse the loophole with an even uglier hack: I have to move the code to a separate executable that sets flight mode on/off, and that executable is called from ProfileMatic. Very ugly, but should work.
I've now tried this hack, and it seems to work and the credentials survive reboot. So this will come in 1.7.0 and setting flight mode should be much more reliable after that (hopefully).

The downside is that switching flight mode on/off through ProfileMatic uses a bit more battery since it has to launch another executable.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
But it's only going to be once on and once off per day for most users, so I don't think battery will be a problem, especially given how much is saved having phone in flight mode overnight

profilematic works as expected with inception

The Following User Says Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Yes it does, but i would prefer to install directly from store so I get update notifications and without relying on some other repository. So if the workaround still exits and is available for use in PR1.3 I look forward to installing 1.7 without inception.

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Yes it does, but i would prefer to install directly from store so I get update notifications and without relying on some other repository. So if the workaround still exits and is available for use in PR1.3 I look forward to installing 1.7 without inception.
Yes the workaround will come in 1.7. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Yes the workaround will come in 1.7. I haven't had any problems with it so far.
Hi,

is there a test version available with your new GUI and all other changes?

Thanks for your work
JLo

Originally Posted by JLo View Post
Hi,

is there a test version available with your new GUI and all other changes?

Thanks for your work
JLo
There's no test version. I'm participating in the Coding competition with this ProfileMatic update so I'm a bit unsure about releasing test versions. Perhaps it should be released for the coding competition when it's up.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Hi,

After reading that Incepting ProfileMatic will make flight mode settings work I tried it. Works perfectly now.

However I still miss automatic enabling/disabling background connections. Is this going to be in 1.7, or is there a workaround?

There's no test version. I'm participating in the Coding competition with this ProfileMatic update so I'm a bit unsure about releasing test versions. Perhaps it should be released for the coding competition when it's up.
Good luck with the competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kkarioja View Post
However I still miss automatic enabling/disabling background connections. Is this going to be in 1.7, or is there a workaround?
No, as I don't know how to reliably enable/disable it. At most I could try if the old code works now with PR1.3.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: