Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
It's also consistent with the behaviour of dpkg when encountering modified configuration files. Unfortunately, I'm not sure anything better can be much done (patches or suggestions welcome).
The experience I've always had on Debian on my laptop has been for it to ask, actually.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
the media player widget doesnt work with the new ssu anymore
WFM. This is an issue in plain PR1.3 though : https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7909

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
The experience I've always had on Debian on my laptop has been for it to ask, actually.
Not always. Anyway, HAM doesn't. Patches welcome: HAM is nice & open source...

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I believe the dialler UI is closed, BICBW.

I'm not sure we're at that point. People who've wanted to develop something to scratch their own itch have either created patches already or are now working on them to get them shipped. There's no "oooh, what should we work on next?" going on. However, non-technical people can contribute by approaching developers (such as #11832 - offline IMAP support) and asking for them to contribute to the CSSU effort.

Comments noted is there any chance the developers could tell us what they are working on next in order we can know what to look forward to with any future releases or is it a case of just wait and see? Is there any chance the patch to allow multiple desktops will be included as most of the other patches seem to have been released already?

Also I wonder what the plans are in relation to releasing a stable version as it seems all the minor issues when the first CSSU was released have now been ironed out. As I assume there are now user's who would like to download the CSSU who have been put off in view of the suggestions if may lead to the user having to flash his device? Although having said that i seem to be the only person asking this question!!

Thanks for your fantastic work so far..

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Hey Guys,

First of all Thank the Techy Gods we have you to look after us after Nokia has abandoned the N900.

Im gonna sound stupid next to all of your comments but im new to this, but in my defence im getting more and more knowledgeable, so i can navigate my way through xterminal n all.

anyway i wanted to ask you, ive installed the update and everything is working fine but i dont see any new autorotations, or portrait modes anywhere. is this normal?

best,
hac11

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hey guys,
just saw the post by thp about the features to look forward to in the cssu, and there was one that affected the rotation animation (around the z axis).

don't see it in transitions.ini. is it something in the future only?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Yup, global portrait mode (some apps may look ugly in portrait!) and z axis rotation should be available in the next Community SSU update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi all,
I was fiddling around with the Maemodder script and experienced this:
When I installed MAG Hildon Desktop, It allows me to have the multiple desktops upto 9 in number. However, on installing this desktop, apt-get tells me that MP-communuity-pr has an issue and has to be uninstalled.
Next i setup multiple desktops and restored to the original hildon-desktop. With this, i still have the 2 extra desktops that I created and no MAG Hildon Desktop.
A quick apt-get-f install gets me back the hildon-desktop that the CSSU is providing.
Now there are absolutely no issues with the extra desktops either and can be used fine too.'
My question is -> can there be any way that the MAG Hildon-Desktop settings and CSSU settings be combined. Or is there an update to the MaeModder script that I have missed out? I want to have the best of both the worlds so I was just plain curious

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Yup, global portrait mode (some apps may look ugly in portrait!) and z axis rotation should be available in the next Community SSU update.
according to @thp's blog, this is expected in a future update, when, that is not known yet. He said that is a Work in progress.

The Following User Says Thank You to normaltusker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hac11 View Post
Hey Guys,

First of all Thank the Techy Gods we have you to look after us after Nokia has abandoned the N900.

Im gonna sound stupid next to all of your comments but im new to this, but in my defence im getting more and more knowledgeable, so i can navigate my way through xterminal n all.

anyway i wanted to ask you, ive installed the update and everything is working fine but i dont see any new autorotations, or portrait modes anywhere. is this normal?

best,
hac11
Try Ctrl +mshift + r that should get it working

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade