Active Topics

Notices

Things like that usually happen around when PyQt4 start changing versions/getting updated into Devel. They tend to get fixed within a day or two.

Since pyRadio isn't yet in testing I'm not really sure how to have you try and work around it. Possibly making sure you install python-qt4 or python-qt4-gui before enabling devel and grabbing it.

I've been debating lately whether to push it forward.. but I'm not sure it's really stable enough (especially on poor connections) to really be "extras" worthy yet.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I've been debating lately whether to push it forward.. but I'm not sure it's really stable enough (especially on poor connections) to really be "extras" worthy yet.
Had a bit of problem with it today. I was listening to music, minding my own business, when the music stopped. I unlocked the screen and saw that the album art had changed, but then it started playing the same song again. At that point i hit the skip button and it stopped playing, but nothing else happened. I tried the play/pause button, and it became lit but nothing else happened. I checked my wifi connection applet and it showed an okay signal strength.

At that point there was no response from pyradio at all, so i tried closing it. Finally, maemo offered to kill it.

Wish i could give some insight into what caused this problem. :/

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Had a bit of problem with it today. I was listening to music, minding my own business, when the music stopped. I unlocked the screen and saw that the album art had changed, but then it started playing the same song again. At that point i hit the skip button and it stopped playing, but nothing else happened. I tried the play/pause button, and it became lit but nothing else happened. I checked my wifi connection applet and it showed an okay signal strength.

At that point there was no response from pyradio at all, so i tried closing it. Finally, maemo offered to kill it.

Wish i could give some insight into what caused this problem. :/
That's an interesting one. Haven't hit this yet..

How long had pyRadio been playing before this happened?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
That's an interesting one. Haven't hit this yet..

How long had pyRadio been playing before this happened?
Not long--maybe 15 minutes. I had intended to mention that it happened a couple songs after i had an intermittent connection that caused a few involuntary pauses in the music (at least i think that's the reason). That's why i posted it as a reply to your post about poor network connection causing problems.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Not long--maybe 15 minutes. I had intended to mention that it happened a couple songs after i had an intermittent connection that caused a few involuntary pauses in the music (at least i think that's the reason). That's why i posted it as a reply to your post about poor network connection causing problems.
Hrm.. Yeah that is weird. Usually when my music just stops on me skipping to the next song will at least get music to start again..

Doesn't necessarily mean whats playing is whats showing in the album art/title though... Can't figure that one out. They all come from the same array.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
I was waiting for something like this. I will wait until it goes in extra-testing. I don't mess with extra-devel.

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Originally Posted by slimjim010 View Post
I am unable to install this app (v1.7)... can someone point me in the right direction?

Package dependencies are another one of those *nix things I have yet to fully understand... If something doesn't jive, I have no idea what to do

If it matters, I believe I'm running PR1.2..
Settings --> About Product --> Version: 10.2010.19-1.002

And thank you fatalsaint, for this app (and pypianobar before it). I appreciate the time you put into these apps.

thanks again,
slim
same issue here.

edit: fixed it by doing apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui and then installing pyradio from the app manager

Last edited by legoman666; 2010-07-18 at 03:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
After going through a poor 3G area, pyRadio sometimes has some trouble playing a song again after stopping to rebuffer. After reestablishing the 3G connection, the first 1 sec of a song will play, then stop. I skip to the next song, and it does the same thing. The only solution is to exit pyRadio and start it up again.

Another problem is wrong cover art showing. I'm guessing this happens after I go through a poor 3G area. The cover art showing is for the next song on the play list. It doesn't show the cover art for the song currently playing.

These two problems only happen once in awhile and I cannot reproduce 100% of the time.

Last edited by ceevee; 2010-07-18 at 13:20.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
same issue here.

edit: fixed it by doing apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui and then installing pyradio from the app manager
Thanks! At least we have a solution .

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
After going through a poor 3G area, pyRadio sometimes has some trouble playing a song again after stopping to rebuffer. After reestablishing the 3G connection, the first 1 sec of a song will play, then stop. I skip to the next song, and it does the same thing. The only solution is to exit pyRadio and start it up again.

Another problem is wrong cover art showing. I'm guessing this happens after I go through a poor 3G area. The cover art showing is for the next song on the play list. It doesn't show the cover art for the song currently playing.

These two problems only happen once in awhile and I cannot reproduce 100% of the time.
Yeah, poor network areas are a known problem with pyRadio. I am still working a way to fix this.

I have an idea and I'll be trying it out soon. At least, for keeping the cover-art/music in sync.. for the few seconds and then nothing I'm not sure how to fix that one.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio