Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have a messed up browser on J1 and have to do "killall sailfish-browser" all the blooming time. Like pretty much after every use that lasts more than a few minutes. But never to the point of steady LEDs. It must be a SailX thing.
I think I've had to do something like that only once on SailX. And I use the browser daily.

Perhaps it depends on visited sites, and I happen to visit such that don't cause problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I end up rebooting SailfishX on the Xperiax once a week or so when the browser gets messed up enough that it won't work at all, or worse: renders the phone unresponsive with a steady green or red LED. Like mosen it sometimes requires the red-button (power and volume-up) reset.

As far as Stellarium, version 0.3-1 from openrepos works fine on X for me (the documented landscape issue notwithstanding).

ed. Forgot to mention the rare occasional spontaneous reboots that seem to only occur in the middle of the night when that damn Sony white screen is bright enough to wake me up.
Yeah, I found out here that a new version has been published on Openrepos, I was using another one and didn't know there was now an alternative. Thanks!

As for N26, version 3.9 downloaded from Aptoide seems to work. The application is stamped as trusted for this version, but I am still not so confident about using a banking application uploaded by a user on Aptoide, even though it successfully passed the malware checks. I don't understand however why the version that I had on my Jolla C (whatever version it is) refuses to install on Sailfish X.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Will Sailfish X work without problem on the XA2 Ultra? (higher resolution)

Is android support coming? I wonder why it's not just a slightly tweaked rebuild.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merpl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Yeah, I found out here that a new version has been published on Openrepos, I was using another one and didn't know there was now an alternative. Thanks!

As for N26, version 3.9 downloaded from Aptoide seems to work. The application is stamped as trusted for this version, but I am still not so confident about using a banking application uploaded by a user on Aptoide, even though it successfully passed the malware checks. I don't understand however why the version that I had on my Jolla C (whatever version it is) refuses to install on Sailfish X.
Just a quick (related?) remark: some Canadian banks software (I recall the TD one for sure, and maybe also ScotiaBank?) refused to install on Sailfish X (Xperia X) without any verbose explanation, albeit it was happily working on J1. I remember mentioning it here but never really got anywhere https://together.jolla.com/question/...dalvik-issues/ . I moved out from Canada, so I don't pro-actively care anymore.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Is it possible to install Sailfish X to XA2 without SIM-card?

Just testing first..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post

Just testing first..
yes it is possible

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Yes, *BUT* :

- when you put a SIM card inside an Android phone, Android will try to make an OTA upgrade of various things in the firmware running on the cell modem.
- Sailfish X is incapable of doing that (only the upgrades that the firmware currently running on the SIM card and inside the cell modem is able to perform autonomously will be upgraded. Upgrades that rely on Android won't be done)
- back with the Xperia X, I did directly flash Sailfish X and I did experience some 3G connection problems (specially when roaming). The official solution according to Jolla was to backup Sailfish, re-install Android, perform the cell-modem firmware upgrade by using the SIM under Android, and re-install and restore Sailfish.
- with my Xperia XA2, I did first boot android with a SIM, and did not have 3G/4G problem.

So I would advise you to first:
- plug your future SIM into the smartphone first.
- let the phone download its modem upgrades (something along the lines of "Optimizing connection to your current provider" displayed on screen)
- reboot the phone as instructed by the upgrade procedure.
- now you can remove your SIM and do your tests.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Only problem is that I must cut sim to nano size. And if I am not satisfied with Sailfish X and go back to my old phone, I must plaster it back.

Maybe I´ll try with prepaid card..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Can't unlock my new ****ing XA2 bought on amazon even if developer mode says it can be rooted it is fake and impossible.

$ fastboot devices
CQ3001L1WG fastboot
$ fastboot oem unlock 0xxxxxxxxxxxx
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

I will never buy sony garbage phones they deserve to DIE

They can go f themselfs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Can't unlock my new ****ing XA2 bought on amazon even if developer mode says it can be rooted it is fake and impossible.

$ fastboot devices
CQ3001L1WG fastboot
$ fastboot oem unlock 0xxxxxxxxxxxx
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

I will never buy sony garbage phones they deserve to DIE

They can go f themselfs.
Did you try with USB3? I had problem with it. Try with USB2.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post: