Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by 654321 View Post
If I’m inside a folder (created with ApMeFo) and rotate phone, desktop is rotating but is getting back to main menu.
If I remember correctly it's an old bug/feature of applications launcher. But yes, there's a need for a proper solution .

Originally Posted by 654321 View Post
Some apps crash if launch from portrait (CloudGPS, Neverball, Neverputt, Inner Spin)
You're right. It was not introduced by portrait hildon-desktop. Please raise a bug for CSSU.

Originally Posted by jinnn_1989 View Post
i found a new bug. when i lock my screen in landscape mode then open browser and then when to move my phone to portrait mode it hides the address bar and is shown same as it was in portrait mode but it is in landscape mode. please help.
I'm pretty sure it's Microb fault as it's directly listening to mce for orientation changes.

Last edited by arcean; 2011-07-18 at 21:02.

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
I think I have encountered the phone issue but it is not a major one. When ending a call, I take the phone from my ear and the screen is blank. The proximity sensor realises it is not next to my ear anymore and displays the screen - but the screen shown is the desktop and not the phone program. It takes another second or two to switch to the phone before I can press END, and sometimes it rotates as I go to press it so I end up having to press it again for it to register.

Annoying, but not the end of the world. Does this agree with other people's findings?
There's available updated h-d pacakge: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74980
Could you check, if you're still hitting this issue?

Thanks for the new version. As said before, could you remove the restoration of the "User Guide" in the app menu? It keeps coming back when I install this package.

Thanks for update . all problems in previous version are solved but i can see a bug: when i change wallpaper or add new desktop it shows the wallpaper wrong (portrait wallpaper in landscape mode and landscape wallpaper in portrait mode ) but it becomes currect by restart or killall .

The Following User Says Thank You to bzbnd For This Useful Post:
I'm afraid there's nothing i can do. User Guide is integral part of the hildon-desktop package.

Originally Posted by arcean View Post
I'm afraid there's nothing i can do. User Guide is integral part of the hildon-desktop package.
Oh, ok, no problem. I thought it could be done .

About the name of application in app menu, if it's long, is there a way to display the whole thing in portrait mode? If you notice, put the phone in portrait mode, go to app menu and observe the app name, as soon as you rotate, the whole name displays briefly and then it's truncated again in landscape mode. I guess it's not HD related but if you could notice the guy in the CSSU team it would be great .

Hi arcean! I think I found a bug. Modifying /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate to false/0 will disable all rotations while on the cssu hildon-desktop setting it to false/0 should only disable "force" rotation on menu & phone app.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hi arcean! I think I found a bug. Modifying /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate to false/0 will disable all rotations while on the cssu hildon-desktop setting it to false/0 should only disable "force" rotation on menu & phone app.
Which I suspect is the reason for microb behaviour. It was my understanding too that "lock applet" should alter rotation behaviour only of hd home, tasknav and app launcher, leaving up to applications to decide whether they should rotate or not. Anyway great work till now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Bug: Tor applet menu in portrait desktop.

only thing i have found the re arranging apps from a potrait deskop.

HD_launcher editor. kinda messy.

wish we could scrolls app horizontal being able to choose its only for the desktop or also apps?

Tags
lockscreen, maemo 5