Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
It seems their going to make their own UI, will you miss Swipe UI?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
but then again how far are they coming up with something? Linkedin says company is two months old. And this may take time before they eeven can show an alphadevice to be honest. It very easy start companys but realese your vision is alot harder.
from twitter:

JollaMobile: For the record, Jolla the company was established in fall of 2011. Soon we will celebrate 1st anniversary, maybe with some good news!
https://twitter.com/jollamobile/stat...93308147879936

Im so excited i could vomit all over elop’s burning platform.

This is Great news... really hope they can pull it off and put together a device that will complement the meego os.

Heres hoping for a n900 looky-likey with 2012 specs

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
but then again how far are they coming up with something? Linkedin says company is two months old. And this may take time before they eeven can show an alphadevice to be honest. It very easy start companys but realese your vision is alot harder.
One more point: there has been many startups like these in Finland, and they didn't lead to anything. The main idea was to pump subsidies from the Finnish state for a few years, and then shutdown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekes

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
One more point: there has been many startups like these in Finland, and they didn't lead to anything. The main idea was to pump subsidies from the Finnish state for a few years, and then shutdown.
Could you point me to a few examples?

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Not if it's better.

I think iOS and WP got the simple, fast UI covered. I would welcome a bit more complex UI (don't mean this in a negative way).

Who knows, excited anyways to see what they get together.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I will surely miss swipe UI and Swype keyboard. But still, this will be the next thing to look forward to.

And... Even as they can't officially do swipe clone, community might be able to do unofficial modification for swipe clone.

Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekes
Some examples would be nice.
Never heard about this kind of firm with around 100 employes making both hardware and software and by the looks of it will have something to show us very soon. Year after the company was founded i can already tell that this one will get way more attention than those "other" companies.

Only similar company i can think of was that company making reference hardware designs with Intel inside to MeeGo and Android. Smaller company that i heard 4 years after it was started.
Jolla probably had more attention in a first hour today in Twitter.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-07-07 at 15:00.

Watch after Nokia fails with Windows phone it tries to acquire Jolla.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I will surely miss swipe UI and Swype keyboard. But still, this will be the next thing to look forward to.

And... Even as they can't officially do swipe clone, community might be able to do unofficial modification for swipe clone.
I really can't use a phone with buttons any more. Swipe UI ha changed the way i interact with a phone.

It would be a shame to let it go =[

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla