Active Topics

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Just drove ~600 km with Here maps on Jolla running SFOS 2.0 preview. Works ok , it seems response time of thi sprogram has slightly improved but voice through crappy Jolla speaker is too faint in comparison with almost all other mobile phone speakers. I am not sure if the Jolla speaker is to blame for this or the way they built it in the housing.

Problem:

2 times I got a strange error throwing me out of Here maps: display with "failed to update" screen with check mark, no options. Sorry I could not make screen shot while driving

After putting that away, Here maps stayed minimized with green shade app cover.

The Jolla touch screen would respond to nothing anymore, only showing app cover screen.

But the system was still alive (seeing the network strength indicators change)

Only reboot of system could restore normal functionality.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
you find it better than n9 in summary?
Please don't ask me to word it like that. It'd be like saying one of my beloved children is better than the other .

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Even after the (pre)2.0 update I have the same problem I've had since the beginning.

If I connect to my Gmail accounts they start to copy multiple contacts to my contacts (random phone numbers, (Unnamed), and some that seem to be Facebook conversations).

I know how to delete these via terminal, but they they multiply really fast making the phone really sluggish, not making it an option to delete them every few days. Anyone have an idea how I could stop this?

Otherwise I'm really happy with the update, as long as I could just integrate those emails to my accounts.

The Following User Says Thank You to _Routser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I just noticed that the openssh version that came with 1.1.9.28 does not support ed25519. I actually had nieldk's version installed but now it's gone and I can't install it again from openrepos (libssl.so.1.0.0 missing).

Is this an openrepos fvck up or a sailfish one?
I don't think I can quite understand the package management here (rpm, pkcon, etc.) I would have expected it can resolve dependencies..

Can anyone give a hint here?

OK: I installed zypper and did "zypper dup". It's upgrading openssh and downgrading openssl (as well as deleting upower?). Keeping my fingers crossed..

Last edited by reinob; 2015-09-19 at 14:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Please don't ask me to word it like that. It'd be like saying one of my beloved children is better than the other .
That's actually a very apt simile.

One is a grown up older sibling, thrown out of the house because the parents wanted the room for a foster child from a shelter that nobody wanted. (The foster child eventually ended up robbing the parents and demolishing the house, a sad fact that the kicked-out child could only watch from a distance.) Despite being an unwanted child and without any affection from his parents, he made it big in the world on his own.

The other is a spoilt younger sibling, looked after by his godparents after the foster child bankrupted the parents. Growing up in the shadow of his older brother, he knows he has to try hard because everyone will compare him to his brother but however hard he tries, he can never outgrow that shadow. He is also torn between trying to be like his older brother and trying to impose his own personality but has not yet worked out what his personality actually is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
what a ****ing negativism,pichlo! i find this little Brother very lovable and i dont really care about making comparison.every person is different, and sure love is love..its growing up well, time to time

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
Even after the (pre)2.0 update I have the same problem I've had since the beginning.

If I connect to my Gmail accounts they start to copy multiple contacts to my contacts (random phone numbers, (Unnamed),
I have the same with my Outlook account on BB10 so it's not a GMAIL or SOS problem.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yes, usually you can checkout the code from the repository, build on Sailfish SDK and install the resulting packages on your device.
So there is no closed UI parts in those packages where you can't actually do it without Jolla.
P.S. Correct me if I'm worng, but Jolla asked community to be the first to start with SIP integration and as i understood they did and Jolla, the one that said that community should be the first to do it now a blockers.(The info i have is from some threads i saw here and TJC, so if i'm wrong, and I might be — correct me)

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So there is no closed UI parts in those packages where you can't actually do it without Jolla.
This depends on what you want to achieve. As long as it's only middleware stuff, you should be fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Which server implementation?
My CalDav implementation is SOGo, running on my own server.
It was a little tricky to set up my CalDav account on my Jolla phone (have to be a different account than the CardDav one) but it works fine.