Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
For generic XMPP support, please follow:
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=121

It doesn't look like this will get implemented, so we might have to do it ourselves =/

The Following User Says Thank You to felipec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by felipec View Post

It doesn't look like this will get implemented, so we might have to do it ourselves =/
We've made some progress here. Needs a proper accounts plugin though. Oh and I'm very eager to know if msn-pecan is planned to be ported soon

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Nairobi, Kenya
I just noted an interesting 'problem'. My contacts with first name starting with 'Ch' appear under 'B' instead of 'C' in the N9 address book!!

What could be the issue?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ammar.m View Post
i have an issue where in my messaging folder no contact has his/her Facebook display picture showing. Only those with twitter pics are showing. The facebook pics are showing in the contacts app but not in messaging?
*bump*...
@abustany any ideas, known/listed bug?

And this.....
Originally Posted by felipec View Post
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
We've made some progress here. Needs a proper accounts plugin though.
And this (assuming usr has bothered to search this thread & elsewhere 1st)...
Originally Posted by engige View Post
I just noted an interesting 'problem'. My contacts with first name starting with 'Ch' appear under 'B' instead of 'C' in the N9 address book!!
What could be the issue?
Thank-you.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-20 at 13:31.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
No special ideas no, as I said it might just be that facebook never sent them... This should be more robust in the next release (1.2) where we fetch avatars from the facebook graph API.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Ah yes, now that you mention it, IIRC this is one you've answered earlier in the thread.
ammar.m must have forgot to search first, thank-you! See my edited post above...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Hi All,

I have discovered a weird issue with my N9 today.

I have in phonebook two different entries as follows:

1] Name : Tom Klaus
CellNo: +811234 333333

2] Name : Rita Klaus
CellNo: +818772 333333

So, if you notice, the last 6 digits are same for both their phone numbers.

Now, when I got an incoming call from "Tom Klaus" above, it only showed me the phone number on the call screen. Same when I got an SMS from him.

When I go to the messages thread , it shows up there that there are 2 contacts matching with this number!!!!!!!!

So it looks to me that N9 is matching only the last 5-6 digits of the incoming call/sms !! This is really weird!!

I was wondering if anyone here knows about this issue.

PS: Ofcourse the names and phone numers above are made up!! But they reflect how they really are!

PPS: I have also created a separate thread for this at

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1141073

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
I don't know if I am not looking it right but I exported my contacts to a file, but am not able to see that file anywhere in the phone. where is that file saved at?
All I was trying to do was export it to the file so I could email all my contacts, I needed to manipulate some of the contacts.
If we need to plug it in the computer and then transfer it from the computer then this is very in-convinient, if this is the case I would like to suggest that these file show up under a document.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Budapest
Hi,

After some days of active usage I found some incoming and outgoing calls (on recent calls list) in their pure numeric form so they were not matched against the phonebook's database although there were such entries.

In another thread (that was opened by me, and so a thanks go to Jalyst who pointed me to this one) Soppa noted that generated / fetched / synchronized data are involved in this special case.

Why doesn't the phone match synchronized data against call lists?

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
I don't know if I am not looking it right but I exported my contacts to a file, but am not able to see that file anywhere in the phone. where is that file saved at?
All I was trying to do was export it to the file so I could email all my contacts, I needed to manipulate some of the contacts.
If we need to plug it in the computer and then transfer it from the computer then this is very in-convinient, if this is the case I would like to suggest that these file show up under a document.
I think export to file saves the file(s?) in some folder accessible when you access the device in mass storage. Why would you want to manipulate the file in your phone?
If you want to mail all your contacts, just pick all of them when choosing the mail recipients Unless there's a limit there?

The Following User Says Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post: