Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
First...
It isn't an opinion I have.
Your thread is titled "To amuse the community"

That is no different than off topic the final countdown...

No difference at all...
Except in title.
Period.

The content of your thread is all over the place ...whatever topic at the time...all of it no different than the contents of off topic the final countdown.

There is no cohesive topic here that stays anywhere being considered a continuous dialogue..ON or even near to the direction of the initial post such as in other threads in the device, platform, categories which DO stay on their topic even after derailment or meandering...

It is laughable that you are pandering a concept that somehow I ...or we...on this discussion...are straying off topic ...when there IS no relevant direction here OR topic to speak of ...by your own desire ...stated in your initial post here that this thread is about basically ..."whatever"...
So how on Earth can we be off topic?

As well....if this thread is meant "to amuse the community"....
Well I think if ANY discussion here was ever truly " on topic" here...
Then it is the one being had right now..

And I for one am finding your flawed arguments very amusing...
And since I am a member of "the community" here...
My said arguments are not opinions...
But straight goods...

To bring personalities into this is poor form as well.
I like you Maemish ...and many times I have been incredibly impressed with what work you have done here...
Equally ..I have been straight with you when you are way off...
If you wish to discuss personalities...
We can skip the foreplay and go straight to insults..
On your flawed arguments and now bringing into the equation personalities...and your assumption and tarring and feathering...
..I am not impressed.
That does not elevate you or my original and many times quotable estimation of you.
It diminishes.

And if you think that just because you "state" ...."community" in the title of your thread that an off topic thread has a place in "Community" subforum
Then you really really need to see the rules here on Off Topic discussion...
It belongs in the Off Topic subforum.

So jiust keep it up...and aim for being more rude, impolitic, blatantly misleading and insulting and go for the jugular next ...
I am more than ready to counter with facts, quotes, reason, and rules of the forum.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Oh I did it again. Said things the way you can so badly misunderstand. My bad. As I have said before I honor you and would never wan't to insult you. Or your personality. It must be a cultural thing how we use words and what we laugh about. Or if someone else thought I ment to insult endso here I truly apologize. Never ment. Gosh I'm good at this. As my signature says: Master of not knowing.

I could though argue for my thread and the topic and what's in here. But maybe it is not the right moment. Really would like to have you in our meeting. That was a true invitation. I'm sure if we met live we could get the sense of the other. You could get what I mean when I say something I I could sense what are the things and words I so badly use in a totally wrong manner.

My learning curve seems to be on this matter an endless spiral.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I may have brought this up before but I think what could be a reason for misunderstanding: I hold you as a closer friend than you hold me. I mean that when you are close friends and you know for sure there are no bad intentions ever between you two, that let's you speak in a way that could otherwise and from someone else understood as said with a bad intention - like an insult. "Yo, nigger!" is accepted from some without a question but from others never.

For me we are friends here, all of us. And even if not - I never do online insults. I do not write with bad intentions. It is just something I do not do, cause I don't like that kind of stuff.

So if you would assume that I would be your best and closest friend of whom you are sure there is nothing between you two, so you do not have any reason to believe I would wan't to make you feel bad in any way, would that change how you understand and interpret what I wrote? Could you find it possible to hear it as being just something friends can say to each others without it meaning anything bad?

Well it was that kind of talking in this end of the line.

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-03-04 at 05:35.

If you think it from my side, this is my only social media forum I read and hang around. I have decided to make my nest on this tree, decided to jump into this water where I can barely swim. So cutting down this tree or insulting someone who can swim - I am not that stupid to do something like that - intentionally at least.

I try to think the best of people, even when disagreeing, trying to find a way to see both sides. I think that became clear on the F(x)tec thread when there were some everyone else was against. Even though I found it hard to accept some sayings I tried to fill the gap between people.

And referring to the topic of this thread - that should make clear that nothing in this thread is ment for anything else than as an amusement.

But occasionally people find me annoying, real annoying. I don't try to speak that part away. I seem to trigger nerves sometimes. Showing where is some tension. And like in massage - just a little triggering can loose things up. It is painful but the relief is worth it. I am speaking of a massage now.

There is another thing with what I have been misunderstood in life and people have been really annoyed with me. I share a lot what I do. I like to create at a very fast pace keeping the bar low with the end result and share it with others. What I aim with that? To encourage others to create and share without shame. I love to see what people are doing in their life and what they have created. Well how I am being interpreted? I run after honor and glory without seeing I am not that good, and people are ashamed on my behalf and try politely to make me see that "you really aren't that good that I mysef would present it to others". But because I am not after honor and glory it doesn't hit on me what they say and I don't mind - which annoys them because in their eyes I make a fool of myself and just don't see it and they feel so bad for me.

I know I can do many things which some can't, but I also know that I am not a master in anyway in what I am doing. For instance I am building a car. Some are: awesome! But the one's who build cars themselves in a proper way are: Horrible! That is not the way cars should be build. But I am not aiming to win a contest or trying to win respect in any circles with my car. I am building it for fun, just to try something new and create something new without really a possibility to not succeed. Doing is the thing for me, not the polished end result. And that is something some can't tolerate, cause if they would do something sooo wrong' they would not wan't anyone to know about it. For me: I find it funny and amusing if I do something wrong or mess around and make a clown of myself, first in my own eyes and then hopefully in other's.

That is the way I have ment my posts here would be understood: "Can't believe I did this / reacted like this / tried this! Isn't it funny?"

I am not asking help in this thread - even though the words I write would say so. I ask help in proper threads or make new ones. And try not to be that funny/clown in those threads.

For me laughing at myself is freedom - and neccessity in my case to be able to stay alive. Otherwise I would have died of shame long ago. I am that embarrasing guy, managing to do sooo embarrasing things, saying the wrong words in wrong time, doing things which end up being funny - after some time has passed.

So I encourage people to create and share with bar set to the lowest and can say things like "Wonderfull!" or "Awesome!". But I will not say something is good if it is not and make people think they are more skilled than they are. Creating is a goal to cheer in itself, misleading people is another thing. It has been seen in talent shows how bad thing it is when you make someone think he or she is better than they actually are and people have believed it. That can lead to situations that will make a lot of damage - like ending up to be a public clown in youtube. So if someone is aiming at success or profit I am very straight in my words, even sounding harsh while pointing what is done wrong in my opinion. I like to read what other people write (like poems or stories) but I don't wan't to read any of the books my friends have published. I would really like to read them before they are published, but never after, when there is not anymore possible to correct things in what they wrote. And I like to listen music my friends do and enjoy it with them - but if they make a record I don't wan't to listen it after it has been put out, if I have had no possibility to listen it before and suggest things. So if someone is after profit or success, I take it seriously and try to do the best I can to help them. If they are instead doing things just for fun or out of love for creating things, then I can just enjoy what they have made.

I am not after honor, glory, success or profit. You don't need to help me to reach that or pitty me when it seems obvious I am not gonna make it with my creation which I share.

In other threads where I ask for help - I appreciate all the help I can get.

Aand (does he not stop ever!) if for someone is important to be a cool guy - I am not the man to hang out with in public. So sorry on my wife's behalf. We went to see a movie. I noticed my friend sitting couple of rows ahead. I shouted his name but he just turned a little from side to side but not enough to see me in the back. Well we had bought candies. I took a hard one (better to throw and hit where you aim) and threw it - and hit my friend in the back of his head. Jesh! He turned angry to see who made him to suffer and saw me as I waved at him smiling. At that moment I understood he was not my friend. And the lights went out. My wife was so ashamed! She had been already of me shouting there, then after throwing candies, and then she wanted to die when I told it wasn't my friend after all. And then I said to her that when the movie ends I will go to apologize. "NOOOOOO!!! No you will not do something so embarrasing!" Well I did. It was embarrassing. But also funny I think.

But now I have to agree with endso that this thread belongs to "Off topic". At least for me "Off topic" threads do not show in the latest posts list on TMO and I do not wan't this thread to be something popping on the list. That list is like for important matters which to follow. So moderator, could this thread be moved to "Off Topic" subforum, please?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
But just because the title contains the word "Community" in it ....does not a purposeful informative thread for the Community ...make.
Where does it claim to? be "informative"?
It says, explicitly, right in the title, "to amuse".

I found most Maemish's posts fitting that description. Not in the "ROTFLMAO splitting sides LOL" amusing, more like "yeah, that's kinda funny" amusing, but amusing nevertheless.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks pichlo. But endso is right on that this thread is better under "Off Topic". If this would end up there, there would be more room to amuse. No need for posts for or against different views. I believe there is just some kind of misunderstanding/-pronunciation/-wording or something I just can't see because not a native american speaking english.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Thanks pichlo. But endso is right on that this thread is better under "Off Topic". If this would end up there, there would be more room to amuse. No need for posts for or against different views. I believe there is just some kind of misunderstanding/-pronunciation/-wording or something I just can't see because not a native american speaking english.
Yes, language nuances are an nuisance sometimes
For example your last statement on native americans can be a bit misleading...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
But now I have to agree with endso that this thread belongs to "Off topic". At least for me "Off topic" threads do not show in the latest posts list on TMO and I do not wan't this thread to be something popping on the list. That list is like for important matters which to follow. So moderator, could this thread be moved to "Off Topic" subforum, please?
Wouldn't show in latest posts list??? The hell with that then. Let the jester king amuse us.

I bet 2 shillings that you and endso coordinated this amusing back-and-forth to amuse us. Job well done there also.

Carry on you both.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: