Active Topics

Notices

This will be great if somebody can do this. i can get on chatroulette but it keeps on loading. obviously the front cam doesnt work with the site but how hard is it to to get to work? that front cam is kinda useless until somebody can write a program to toggle it to whichever program needs to use it.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
No one can do that , especially with Flash 9 and other limitations

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

At one point when the N900 had an unreleased version of Maemo you were able to use only the back camera as a camera device with flash but this functionality was removed on release due to security, or so I thought. You can search around on the forums and see people talking about how it would have played out.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
The protocol of CR is too hard to reverse engineer?

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
something like this?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Is it really that hard to write up a program to connect it to the internet? Aside from using it for skype the front camera is pretty much useless.

Have you had a thumb through the source for mirror? It uses the front camera and may provide you some clues as to how its done.
As to sending & receiving real-time video via the internet i.e. an alternative to Skype, without making a bespoke client: it's going to be tough!

Ive actually tried using the mirror app and it was very very grainy at best. In fact it is almost unusable at all. I am not a programmer so I really wount know how to read or write a program on linux. would be great it somebody knew how to write up one for the front camera though.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
You can't just slam into the door and demand your app for JoRkin' or whatever...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Im not emanding the app. Just asking. If its too difficult to do them no problem. Just thought it would be great if somebody could bake some use out of the front camera.