Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
a few posts above you its mentioned from where to get it...so you must be having sight problems

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nuovodna View Post
Just installed 0.9.7 on PR 1.3 (fresh new NOKIA N9 bought two days ago): it's flying!!!
Thanks
For me versions 0.9.7 in PR1.3 is reversed, the system slows and scrolling is not smooth.
In the PR 1.2, everything was fast.
It is my observation.

Last edited by bitpowers; 2012-07-05 at 07:15.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by bitpowers View Post
For me versions 0.9.7 in PR1.3 is reversed, the system slows and scrolling is not smooth.
In the PR 1.2, everything was fast.
It is my observation.
Whait a litlle bit after instalation and reboot. It went all perfect after an hour after reboot for me.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
I was using first relase first.There was no problem.Then i upgraded to last (0.97) and now im getting silence when i swipe.If i swipe when i listening something , music just stops.

Then i uninstalled FasterN9 and now it's okay , nothing wrong with background music.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trayhoper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by weedm8 View Post
Errr... am I blind or is the .deb missing from the post? I can't find it.
Do a thread search for 0.9.7 then

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
I can confirm that 0.9.7 is working well for me on PR 1.3, been using it for the last day or so and no problems have occurred, everything is working quite smoothly, no lags, no freezes, all smooth.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I too upgraded to 0.9.7 right from 0.9.4. The installation failed in the middle and the phone rebooted. Everything works fine, but I am apparently stuck with a corrupted installation of 0.9.7 which I can neither remove nor reinstall. Going for "dpkg --remove fastern9" reboots the phone.

Any way to fix this? I was thinking about trying to install 0.9.4 once again and then uninstall it clean. Anyone with a copy of 0.9.4? The original link from the thread's beginning is gone.

traysh, if you could tell me what to do to get rid of corrupted 0.9.7 it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I really think FasterN9 should not automatically reboot the phone. It can cause all kind of confusion.

I think it would be best to display a dialog saying something like "You must reboot the phone for changes to take effect". I have a weak recollection that there is a service you can send a d-bus message to display such messages?

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Autorestart is normal.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I really think FasterN9 should not automatically reboot the phone. It can cause all kind of confusion.

I think it would be best to display a dialog saying something like "You must reboot the phone for changes to take effect". I have a weak recollection that there is a service you can send a d-bus message to display such messages?
+10000000000

Auto reboot of the phone can cause bad things.

I agree with a message stating to reboot the phone manually to take effects.

A++

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
+10000000000

Auto reboot of the phone can cause bad things.

I agree with a message stating to reboot the phone manually to take effects.

A++
Problem with this, is that you will then have the Windows Update issue where you decide you will do it later, and this can cause even more problems!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page