Originally Posted by eson View Post
No, you don't.
Why are you so sure?

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Because no one else did. Jolla is the importer, so I guess they paid something.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Why are you so sure?
I do not know why eson is so sure, but I got contacted by TNT which wanted some detail to clear the shipping, and the guy over the phone said that customs/vat were paid by the sender. So I presume you will be in the same boat.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
The phone is getting overheated very quickly when charging while talking on Skype.
I got the message that I need to close off all apps...
Even after that, the phone said that I need to turn off the phone because it's overheating...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Why are you so sure?
It is not an import tax issue.
Customs simply needs to be sure that VAT has been paid at some point.
If no VAT had been paid, you as the last in chain would have to pay local VAT when imported.
Thus a bill with VAT listed in paid items list is enough to convice them.
I did this yesterday and got it delivered to my neighboors door today at 12:04 according to tracking
Gnaaaaa still 2 hours left, i think i will skip work and drive home now

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-19 at 12:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
The phone is getting overheated very quickly when charging while talking on Skype.
Same symptom on the Jolla Tabet fwiw, but other arguably similar applications that do the same thing don't cause it to overheat.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Same symptom on the Jolla Tabet fwiw, but other arguably similar applications that do the same thing don't cause it to overheat.
To the extent that with some apps, you get the impression they secretly mine crypto currency in the background these days...

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
To the extent that with some apps, you get the impression they secretly mine crypto currency in the background these days...
lol - in fairness Skype has better video/sound quality than other applications so maybe they compress more? It'd be so much easier if everybody used something a bit more open...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Ok, the solution to the customs problem is as i suspected earlier.
The shipper "INSPIRING WORLD LTD" included a "Custom Invoice" (they mean "customs invoice") sheet that is actually missing the VAT. It is listed pure netto value.

Not all Jolla C got checked, customs only takes few samples and actually opens the outside slip containg the papers and check it.

But all Jolla Cs that got checked where refused by german customs because to them it looked like you bought without paying VAT (like companies do) and would have to pay them locally.

If anyone from the next wave has this problem again, simply forward your Jolla confirmation email showing you paid VAT to Jolla to TNT.

Why this had to happen? no clue, i guess it was miscommunication in HK between Jolla office and the shipper.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I just received order confirmation for delivery to Finland. So I should have it ready for picking by the time I get back from holidays next week!
Argh, just checked TNT's tracking web-site for my packet and it says "Estimated delivery date 5th of August" :extreme rage emoticon:

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os