Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
I already voted, too, great new apps all the way!

I've just two questions about the prices (no, I don't think that I have big chances, but just in case... ):

1. Are the N950s our own devices, because all others were given away as a loan. If so, are we allowed to sell them or exchange them with others? I ask because I already own a N950 and take part in this competition, because I want a N9.

2. Do you know when and how the prices will be delivered? I ask because I will be not at home for the next 10 days and probably without access to my emails.

btw: If you have any recommendation for prepaid data plan in italy please PN me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post
I already voted, too, great new apps all the way!

I've just two questions about the prices (no, I don't think that I have big chances, but just in case... ):

1. Are the N950s our own devices, because all others were given away as a loan. If so, are we allowed to sell them or exchange them with others? I ask because I already own a N950 and take part in this competition, because I want a N9.

2. Do you know when and how the prices will be delivered? I ask because I will be not at home for the next 10 days and probably without access to my emails.

btw: If you have any recommendation for prepaid data plan in italy please PN me
The answer to your first two queries is wrapped up in one of the rules:

•Device prizes are distributed by Nokia, in accordance with any rules and restrictions of the Nokia device program.
So I expect they will be a 'loan', but the type of loan where it's not expected you'll ever be asked to return them. As you already have a N950 (I assume through a similar device program) there will be similar expectations on you that you'll appreciate any device you win. I have no idea if Nokia is taking an interest in those who are selling their developer devices on ebay but it's hoped you would make good use of them yourself

Each category has a pool of devices assigned, and the first placed developer gets first choice, etc etc until all gone. For any device winners in a similar situation as you could be (as you have a N950 already and would like the N9) we'll try to swap prizes amongst device winners so they'll have the one they want. For those who are in the top places and don't want a device we'll substitute a bounty share and give someone outside the winning positions a chance to claim the device.

As to when they will be delivered, we'll provide your details to the Nokia contact who sorts all that out. it usually takes atleast a couple of weeks to get everything sorted but once they are posted out they arrive very quickly.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-27 at 14:16.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
I can't vote, but I would love some feedback on my app. Can any N9 developer please provide feedback on my app, Next BART? In return I will provide feedback on your app, if it's on the N9.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86586

You can send me a private message or post it in my app thread. I would really appreciate it.

Maybe it's normal that few people write reviews or give feedback, can any other developer chime in on this? This is my first app and i'm just wondering.

Thanks. Great apps by the way, and good luck to everyone. =)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
Maybe it's normal that few people write reviews or give feedback, can any other developer chime in on this? This is my first app and i'm just wondering.
=)
I can't comment on feedback, but I know from experience that testing can be very time consuming (I think I spent 2 hours testing and voting last weekend!). Also, according to my logs, only two people have downloaded my app. It would probably be better if I had been able to finish proper packaging and uploaded to extras. Or, maybe my app just has limited appeal!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
Hey ikkysleepy, I'll give you more feedback after the vote closes but I've tried Next BART and I think it's a very polished app Probably the biggest reason for lack of reviews or feedback is because it's focused squarely at San Francisco travellers.. and N9 owners in San Francisco are probably even rarer than the magical white N9 Also it's already quite complete. So don't be downhearted

Maybe there's some way of opening up what you've done with the user interface to incorporate other transport systems? That would be very cool as it's a really nicely designed UI and it will help get others involved in what you're doing. Also, bump your Announce thread a bit with news etc.. you tended to post really early in the morning for us Euros and by breakfast arrives your thread is already in page 2..

Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
I can't comment on feedback, but I know from experience that testing can be very time consuming (I think I spent 2 hours testing and voting last weekend!). Also, according to my logs, only two people have downloaded my app. It would probably be better if I had been able to finish proper packaging and uploaded to extras. Or, maybe my app just has limited appeal!
Oh rfeese your biggest problem with getting testers is no doubt because there isn't an easy to install package as yet. Which is a shame, because math bingo sounds actually like a lot of fun. When I get my N900 back I'll be sure to try it out It's a neat idea and once it's more accessible (packaged on a repository) then a lot more people will be having fun with it

Also rfeese, can I advise you to open an Announce thread for Math Bingo? Not only will you draw more attention to your application, people will come across it and help you out with packaging etc

Edit: Oh ikkysleepy and rfeese (and all, but mostly useful for the newer guys) you might also want to add details of your applications in your signature - therefore every time you post there's a chance someone will notice it, take an interest, and click to learn more. Also the google bots etc will pick it up and it'll start appearing in web searches. Look at mine, I have 3 or 4 things in there but then again i'm greedy and shameless

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-27 at 20:11.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
Edit: Oh ikkysleepy and rfeese (and all, but mostly useful for the newer guys) you might also want to add details of your applications in your signature - therefore every time you post there's a chance someone will notice it, take an interest, and click to learn more. Also the google bots etc will pick it up and it'll start appearing in web searches. Look at mine, I have 3 or 4 things in there but then again i'm greedy and shameless
Thanks, but its a bit too late for this advice
However, it can be useful for future projects.

Can't wait to see results...

The Following User Says Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I have 3 or 4 things in there but then again i'm greedy and shameless
Ashamed as we were, we did not make use of it.
But here we go for less than the last two (2) hours of voting.
Everybody still up or is awakening, please vote for your favourite.

And do not forget the council/board nominations/elections!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
okay did I win?

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
okay did I win?
It's still the 27th here...

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Less than 30 minutes left...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas