Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
So just to be clear.. it skips every song?
Sorry, i didn't sit and watch the screen to see if it always does it, but i noticed it would start a song and then skip to another right away more often than not.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Sorry, i didn't sit and watch the screen to see if it always does it, but i noticed it would start a song and then skip to another right away more often than not.
hrmmmm... k.

Thanks.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
This talk of skipping songs reminded me that the last time I was using pyRadio it would skip the track when I would thumbs up a song.

EDIT: Sure is fixed! I guess it's been longer than it seemed and I updated without paying attention, hehe.

Last edited by sadfist; 2010-07-01 at 19:06.

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
This talk of skipping songs reminded me that the last time I was using pyRadio it would skip the track when I would thumbs up a song.
This should be fixed...

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Speaking of button behavior, the "Tired" dialog behavior is really weird. I would expect it to return back to the player main window when clicking the button but it instead seems to mark the current song and then move on to the next. I think i accidentally marked three songs as "tired" before i realized i need to tap outside the modal dialog (i.e. "Escape") to stop marking songs.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Speaking of button behavior, the "Tired" dialog behavior is really weird. I would expect it to return back to the player main window when clicking the button but it instead seems to mark the current song and then move on to the next. I think i accidentally marked three songs as "tired" before i realized i need to tap outside the modal dialog (i.e. "Escape") to stop marking songs.
Not sure what you mean here.

When you hit the tired icon it first asks if you are sure. If you say yes it sets a variable for the player to mark the song tired and the message box goes away. When it receives a response from Pandora it emits a signal that the song was marked tired and pops up a message box.. then it should skip to the next song.

It might take a second or two between the initial Yes/No prompt and the second message box that says the song was marked tired.

That's what should happen anyway..

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Not sure what you mean here.

When you hit the tired icon it first asks if you are sure. If you say yes it sets a variable for the player to mark the song tired and the message box goes away. When it receives a response from Pandora it emits a signal that the song was marked tired and pops up a message box.. then it should skip to the next song.

It might take a second or two between the initial Yes/No prompt and the second message box that says the song was marked tired.

That's what should happen anyway..
Well that's not the experience i had. If the same thing happens next time i use the button, i'll report in more detail.

I think a lot of my problems with pyRadio happen when i have poor/no wifi reception. Things happen out of order, don't happen at all, etc.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Well that's not the experience i had. If the same thing happens next time i use the button, i'll report in more detail.

I think a lot of my problems with pyRadio happen when i have poor/no wifi reception. Things happen out of order, don't happen at all, etc.
I just wanted to weigh in. I haven't had this issue and made sure to retest it real fast before posting this. When I say I'm tired of the track, it ask "Are you sure you are tired of "Song X," then I select "Yes," it then says "this song has been marked tired," and it moves on to the next track. I came up with the same results on Wifi and 3 bars on T-Mobile 3G. Maybe you're having connection issues, as mentioned, but I can say I can't duplicate that.

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Uploaded new version.. let me know if the skipping of songs still happens.

I am unable to install this app (v1.7)... can someone point me in the right direction?

Unable to install 'pyradio'
Conflict with application packages: python2.5-qt4-gui(4.7-maemo7)
Package dependencies are another one of those *nix things I have yet to fully understand... If something doesn't jive, I have no idea what to do

If it matters, I believe I'm running PR1.2..
Settings --> About Product --> Version: 10.2010.19-1.002

And thank you fatalsaint, for this app (and pypianobar before it). I appreciate the time you put into these apps.

thanks again,
slim

The Following User Says Thank You to slimjim010 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio