Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I know. UK, France, Germany should be no problem getting a N9 from any online shop (or "off-line" for that matter) . The US on the other hand
If you're gonna be a smuggy douche bag, you better come in with something more than location. Here's a better way to go out on a limb while being obnoxiously smug:

In December of 2009, direct from Nokia (they're in Finland), a brand-new, unlocked n900 arrived at my door in San Diego, California (that's in the U.S.) for $359 US.

In July of 2011, direct from Nokia (they're in Finland), a brand-new, unlocked n950 arrived at my door in San Diego, California (that's in the U.S.) for $0 US.

Both these transactions were made possible by Quim Gil, a Nokia employee who now resides in Northern California (that's in the U.S.).

I'm guessing that a similar opportunity for an n9 will be made available to me, even if I live in San Diego, California (that's in the U.S.). If so, extrapolating from previous data, a brand-new, unlocked n9 should also run me, to my door, somewhere near $359 US.

So, for three brand-new, unlocked premium devices, that would be a grand total of:

$718 US

That would the real milk and honey.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
If you're gonna be a smuggy douche bag, you better come in with something more than location. Here's a better way to go out on a limb while being obnoxiously smug:

In December of 2009, direct from Nokia (they're in Finland), a brand-new, unlocked n900 arrived at my door in San Diego, California (that's in the U.S.) for $359 US.

In July of 2011, direct from Nokia (they're in Finland), a brand-new, unlocked n950 arrived at my door in San Diego, California (that's in the U.S.) for $0 US.

Both these transactions were made possible by Quim Gil, a Nokia employee who now resides in Northern California (that's in the U.S.).

I'm guessing that a similar opportunity for an n9 will be made available to me, even if I live in San Diego, California (that's in the U.S.). If so, extrapolating from previous data, a brand-new, unlocked n9 should also run me, to my door, somewhere near $359 US.

So, for three brand-new, unlocked premium devices, that would be a grand total of:

$718 US

Why would you buy n9 if you already have the 2nd best device n950?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

$718 US

If someone commented smugly that Toyotas were expensive, and I responded that my friend at Toyota got me a free one, would that show that Toyotas aren't expensive? I don't see that your anecdote indicates anything about Nokia's general practice.

I swear, developers often seem convinced that finding an exception disproves a rule.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If someone commented smugly that Toyotas were expensive, and I responded that my friend at Toyota got me a free one, would that show that Toyotas aren't expensive? I don't see that your anecdote indicates anything about Nokia's general practice.

I swear, developers often seem convinced that finding an exception disproves a rule.
Sorry, but you missed the point completely. And besides, if you were actually following, an exception was already offered when someone else responded that he would be able to get the product just because he was in Europe, developer or not. So...

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
I have to agree with daperl on this.

I live in ireland. the N900 was not available in ireland except through vodafone online order with a huge *** contract (only available a few months after release), or i could use expansys and pay over €650 for it and was even quoted over €750 from 1 place and could be waiting a month for it. i paid just over €550 including P&P and had it within 10 days. i know some n900 users bought there's from the usa and some got theirs from eastern europe. fact is you can get a phone if you want it, EVEN if it's not being sold in your country. and warrenty is still intact.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010

$718 US

Oh My God i love ME who do you love

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I know. UK, France, Germany should be no problem getting a N9 from any online shop (or "off-line" for that matter) . The US on the other hand
We can easily get it here in the US. There are many tech shops online that will stock it. But you will have to look for it

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I think that lots of new poeple will come here after N9 is released. Simply because there are so few sites left that are in any way Nokia related.

There is only Allaboutsymbian, TMO and few fanboi hobbysites. And those fanboi hobbysites are dying quickly.

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-07-29 at 19:04.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I think that lots of new poeple will come here after N9 is released. Simply because there are so few sites left that are in any way Nokia related.

There is only Allaboutsymbian, TMO and few fanboi hobbysites. And those fanboi hobbysites are dying quickly.
There is a quite good russian website meegos.ru